• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 FS loaded, most mods (methonal, stage 5, etc)

Started by paulford, September 07, 2013, 06:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Well that more than sucks as we probably could have worked out a deal and you would not have had to touch anything if I would have joined this forum a day earlier, but so is life. Look forward to seing your parts come up and look forward to doing business with you. If you know off hand what you are looking at getting rid of for performance parts, PM with price and I can get you funds right now.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

paulford

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on September 09, 2013, 03:13:02 PM
Well that more than sucks as we probably could have worked out a deal and you would not have had to touch anything if I would have joined this forum a day earlier, but so is life. Look forward to seing your parts come up and look forward to doing business with you. If you know off hand what you are looking at getting rid of for performance parts, PM with price and I can get you funds right now.

Dude you saying I could have left the methonal, exhaust, and everything and you would have bought? Is there a swear word blocker on this forum? I feel like swearing.....

Just another bump in the road. I actually wont loose to much money on this. I have all of the parts, and the used turbos, and block will bring some of the replacement cost. Total I may end up out an additional grand....

Wife will be pissed until the ordeal is over. I would say she wont care in 10 years but she will probably remind me about this as long as I live.
2015 Fusion 2.0T
SOLD: 2009 SHO LMS modded. 12.44 at 112

DJE624

Sorry to hear that Paul.  I hope you can sell enough parts to at least break even when it's all over.

paulford

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on September 09, 2013, 03:12:01 PM
I hate to ask this but if you're going to buy a new motor how much will you sell me that motor for?
I need a second block so you might be able to break even. Maybe wife will be less pissed. :)
Let's see if we can't work something out, I'm tight this month but maybe we can spread it over 2 or 3 and you can charge me some "interest".

Yes my block will be for sale. - turbos I assume? Just the long block prob 900-1000 shipped. Guess it depends on what freight would run. I will get with you when I get to that point. I have to get the engine + car to this guys shop first. Working on it. :)
2015 Fusion 2.0T

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: paulford on September 09, 2013, 03:24:56 PM
Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on September 09, 2013, 03:13:02 PM

Dude you saying I could have left the methonal, exhaust, and everything and you would have bought? Is there a swear word blocker on this forum? I feel like swearing.....

Just another bump in the road. I actually wont loose to much money on this. I have all of the parts, and the used turbos, and block will bring some of the replacement cost. Total I may end up out an additional grand....

Wife will be pissed until the ordeal is over. I would say she wont care in 10 years but she will probably remind me about this as long as I live.
Just got here too late to get in on it. Still will scoop up some aftermarket parts in a bundle if that helps you out.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHOdded

No way to fragment the ceramic (spark plug, I assume) and then vacuum out the remnants?  Surely somebody should be able to improvise a fix for this.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

paulford

Quote from: SHOdded on September 09, 2013, 04:21:02 PM
No way to fragment the ceramic (spark plug, I assume) and then vacuum out the remnants?  Surely somebody should be able to improvise a fix for this.
I tried the vacuum got one small piece out..... The prob even if I got them out would be ceramic dust in the rings. Engine is already paid for and in transit to shop. It wont be bad when it is all done, just bad for a couple weeks :)
2015 Fusion 2.0T

EcoBrick Bob

Very sorry to hear this... been there... My re-manufactured long block from Ford cost me $4,100. plus install. Came with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. Ford core charge is an additional $1,000. if not returned.  How much did the used motor set you back?

My wife was very understanding.  She hasn't talked to me in almost 2 years!  You should see her NEW shoe closet..

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Kolk1

I would of used a camera scope to see how many pieces are still on the piston, then either use a small grabber, or a tiny hose attached to a vacuum. Ive done this on motorcycle blocks before. Not sure how bad ceramic dust would hurt a piston ring. I havent had that problem pop up before.

paulford

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 09, 2013, 05:22:56 PM
Very sorry to hear this... been there... My re-manufactured long block from Ford cost me $4,100. plus install. Came with a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. Ford core charge is an additional $1,000. if not returned.  How much did the used motor set you back?

My wife was very understanding.  She hasn't talked to me in almost 2 years!  You should see her NEW shoe closet..

2500 but it is junk yard motor. Had to pay freight to have it delivered to the garage $200. Not so bad. It is not new and he isnt a Ford dealer but he is a reputable engine installer. I should* get out under 4K.
2015 Fusion 2.0T

paulford

Quote from: Kolk1 on September 09, 2013, 06:38:00 PM
I would of used a camera scope to see how many pieces are still on the piston, then either use a small grabber, or a tiny hose attached to a vacuum. Ive done this on motorcycle blocks before. Not sure how bad ceramic dust would hurt a piston ring. I havent had that problem pop up before.

I have a camera but our spark plug holes are tiny, it wouldnt go it. You can get much hose into that tiny hole either, anything large enough to such up the pieces wouldnt go in. I took the only hose I had that would fit, duct tapped it, and got 1 little piece out. probably 1/8 of whats in there. I believe most of it is 2 big pieces, maybe if I could break them up.... To late now arrangements are made.

2015 Fusion 2.0T

EcoPowerParts

OK when you're ready to discuss the motor let me know, I'd really like to get your complete motor minus turbos if possible, I'll get the hearts P&P and then forge the bottom end. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

I have an Autel scope that will fit thru the plug holes... Cost around $200. and can video the view.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.