• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Where are all the speakers???

Started by FracaSHO, September 06, 2013, 03:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

I have the Sony 12 speaker audio system with sync in my SHO.  I count 4 door speakers, 2 tweeters in the A-pillars, 1 in the center dash (used only in surround sound mode) and 1 center rear deck. If my math is correct, and being an Engineering major I sure hope it is, that's 8 speakers. Where's the elusive other 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

darreli

2 subwoofers on the rear deck as well. Plus I believe the rear speakers are seperates

Larrylu

Would maybe a sub be one of the missing?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Quote from: Larrylu on September 06, 2013, 04:23:10 PM
Would maybe a sub be one of the missing?
A little slow but on the right path.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FracaSHO

Quote from: darreli on September 06, 2013, 04:21:47 PM
2 subwoofers on the rear deck as well. Plus I believe the rear speakers are seperates

So 3 in the rear deck, 2 in each rear door, 1 in each front door, 2 in the A-pillars, and 1 center dash?  That would make 12. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

mbehna

Where can I find more info on the Sony system in my SHO? I find myself kind of disappointed with the system... It does not seem to be quite as crisp as the one in my '01 Mustang with Mach 460. The system is loud enough but the low/mid seems to be missing sharpness. Either the amp needs an upgrade or the speakers and at this time I am leaning towards the latter.
2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

Wild13SHO

I know a simple $110 speaker upgrade in my standard system made a huge difference. I didn't upgrade the center speaker since I'll be putting in the center gauges, but I hear a center speaker upgrade helps as well.
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP

pejohnson

I'm in agreement the sound system is less than desirable considering the price tag of a SHO.  I'll be curious as to what speaker brands people are replacing the factory speakers with.  I'm thinking very seriously about switching some out myself for higher quality sound.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

Wild13SHO

Based on feedback from a few other Taurus owners, I installed Kenwood KFCC5794PS (less than$50/pair) in the doors and Power Acoustik NB-2 ($10/pair) for the tweeters.  I'm sure just about any aftermarket 5x7 would sound better. 
Current:
2016 F150 2.7L Ecoboost.  Stock for Now
SOLD:
2013 SHO 400A, PP