• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Seal around spark plug tube.....

Started by jmr061, September 06, 2013, 11:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

Last night I went to gap my spark plugs to .30 as recommended by LMS.  I got to the middle rear spark plug and removed the coil.  OMFG...I pulled out the coil and it was dripping with oil.  I found this loose hard rubber seal and have found that it is supposed to seat down along the side of the spark plug tube.  This seal prevents oil from the inside of the head from getting into the spark plug/coil tube.

How the bleep do you get that seal back into place?  I have tried and tried and can't get it back in there.  You engine guys....is it press fit or something.  If so I am up the creek.

Thoughts?

Jason
Jason
16 Edge Sport

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

jmr061

Great. It must have never been placed right from the factory.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

crash712us

hopefully its the front valve cover at least.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

jmr061

Nope it's the rear and the dealer has it now. They will take care of the fuel pump recall too while they have it. I'm stuck driving a Jetta :(
Jason
16 Edge Sport

SHOdded

Next time ask for something with a W12 in it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!