• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New fuel pump, and tune issues?

Started by Darkside, September 05, 2013, 09:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkside

Theoretically if one had a tune on their car and a new fuel pump was installed for a recall, would that have any affect on the tune?  It might cause a bunch of dummy lights to flash but then go away. 

Also is there any way to know whether the computer would be re-flashed?
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

EcoPowerParts

Which fuel pump?
The "lift pump" or in tank fuel pump no with my experience.
There's no HPFP pump yet but from my Mazdaspeed reading the spill valve is controlled by pressure.
So my answer in the end would be no tune issues.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

crash712us

I think I know what Darkside is getting at. He had his fuel pump changed due to recall. For one keep a record of your strategy code. I haven't personally seen any documentation for this recall as to what the dealer is instructed to do. So I have no clue if they have been instructed to load a newer version of firmware into the ECM. If they did your strategy code would change, and trying to load your old tune will not work correctly, it would fail to load or car would run terrible. So if your strategy code changed you need to contact whomever you got you tune from with your new strategy code. As for dummy lights coming on dash when flashing a tune, is completely normal on my 2011 SHO.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoPowerParts

Ahh I completely misunderstood, my apologies. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts