• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

It's been real YO!

Started by geswek, September 02, 2013, 10:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I'm heading out -- decided that my SHO is great as it is and I want something with RWD and 6-speed box that I can drift and track out in the neck of the woods. I'm planning to pick up a cheap small car that I can throw a cage in and racing seats. Who knows, I may be the next fat Ken Block (probably not).

I will be keeping the SHO as my DD; she won't be getting anymore mods--my money is going to the new play car.

Much love folks. I'll stop in from time to time. :)

:bow:

DJE624

geswek

Damn straight man!

Someone gotta rep the fat asses of the world. :)

SHOdded

Keep us updated with your adventures, & good luck.  Glad the SHO is still your DD.  Don't forget that the real power upgrades are yet to come ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

I will definitely; going to look at car #3 tomorrow.

If I go with what I want, I may be sitting on a 3k pound 470rwhp drift machine--going to be FUN!

I have 3-4 different cars in my head--just running through buyers finding right one.

EcoBrick Bob

And now that we are friends... you are leaving me????

Seriously, you can get lots of help for your new "toy" here... and still play with the SHO.  Just because it becomes your DD, doesn't mean a trip to the strip can't happen.  I gave up on being the fastest Flex long ago...  But SHO's and Flexi that are 12 second vehicles are impressive to everyone.  So.. the infrequent trip to the strip becomes an ego trip of sorts!

Stay with us!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

HAHA, I'll be around still Eco! Don't you worry--and yes a track or two with SHO is in order; gotta impress the lads with this 4300lb turd. :P

EcoBrick Bob

I don't mean to be picky but I always add in my own weight to the equation... That makes it even more impressive!!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

Hell, add me and fuel, probably close to 5k.

Sent from a mobile, I think.

TSS

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on September 03, 2013, 11:13:12 AM
I don't mean to be picky but I always add in my own weight to the equation... That makes it even more impressive!!!!!

Good point.   I have not been to the track yet.  When I go, I plan to elininate unnecessary weight like socks, underware, wristwatch and  then fast for 2 days prior and take several laxatives.   

PS - keep us posted on your new ride Geswek!
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Needmoreboost

Be careful what other car forum you join.  I personally love the one's with all the bad ass teenagers running their mouths.  These SHO and Eco forums have been pretty good, except maybe for the "Sheriff".  LOL  :)

If you would have told me 10 years ago a factory Ford Taurus would be running high 12's with just a tune I would have laughed at you.  Really a strong runner for such a heavy car.  Very impressed.

Keep us posted on new ride.  I have a friend that has an low mileage 81 Pontiac Grand Prix (old school) that is really nice with 700 hp big block chevy (fresh engine).  It's a street car with full interior etc. running 10.90's on the motor.  PM me if you want more details. 

2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

bpd1151

My SHO's a DD and I'm deep into the 12's.

Maybe even 11's after the new ATP Turbo upgrade.

Certainly it's not like the only fun car out there. Tons more available to choose from.

Both Foreign and Domestic. Since I've never really been brand loyal myself (for the most part) I've enjoyed many competing products throughout my driving career.

Have fun Storm, with w/e it is you may end up making your "fun" project car.

Like others have stated, glad to hear your keeping your SHO in your stable, and I'm sure she'll provide you with equals amounts of pleasure during your ownership of her.

Keep us posted on whatcha get dude and don't become a stranger.

I'm breathing a lil sigh of relief now, since you were hot on my mod tail, trying to keep up with me.

I'll have a lil breathing room now. Whew.  :sweatdrop:

EcoBrick Bob

Don't get to relaxed BPD... I have talked to the "PHANTOM" and he is just about there!!!!

geswek

HAHA; I'm very close to sealing the deal and I will gladly show you what I bought.

You are not going to believe it -- and most of you will probably laugh your asses off, but oh well--it's gonna be a FUN FREAKING track car.

:popcorn:

BPD; you will always be my first man! Who knows, maybe down road I may start modding SHO again--right now I rather keep my warranty and have a car that I can use in case I blow up my other play toy.