• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ROTM Winner of the month for September 2013

Started by DJE624, September 01, 2013, 02:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

ROTM Winner for the month of SEPT 2013

Lanson

2013 Flex AWD

22x9 22x10 3 piece forged wheels with 265/35-22 Toyo HPs
H&R springs
K&N intake
Re-wired engine compartment to handle a battery change, Optima Yellowtop w/ mil-spec terminals and covers
GT Mat Quadro and Onyx deadening in doors and trunk
Fiberglass subwoofer tub box in spare tire well, with Exile 10" subs (pair), protected
Vibe UK 4ch and mono amps
JBL MS-8 processor
JBL Power 6x8 front
JBL GTO 3.5" coaxial center
Bravox silk tweets replacing stock in A-pillar, active off the MS-8
Full tint

Dujo

Lanson

Here are some more (better) pics of my Flex

You guys know how hard it is to get a decent wheel lip on these cars?  LOL

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

DJE624

Thanks for the extra pictures Lanson!  They look fantastic! 

mjhpadi

Like those wheels and they look great on your Flex!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Lanson

Quote from: mjhpadi on September 16, 2013, 06:19:18 PM
Like those wheels and they look great on your Flex!

Thanks!  I think a step-lip option would have also been sweet, but "shoulda coulda woulda" now, I guess.  :)

They are heavy though, there is no getting around that.  Lotsa metal on that center disc.  The outer barrels are pretty light, and the MPG's seem to be returning to normal now that I got my alignment done. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Josephm

Looks good. And i would love to see you install on your stereo as i used to compete in SPL completions when i had a Tahoe and i have a  Rockford fosgate 360.2, and a ID component set waiting to go into the flex. Now i just need to find some 8's to tuck away.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Lanson

Quote from: Josephm on September 19, 2013, 11:59:10 PM
Looks good. And i would love to see you install on your stereo as i used to compete in SPL completions when i had a Tahoe and i have a  Rockford fosgate 360.2, and a ID component set waiting to go into the flex. Now i just need to find some 8's to tuck away.

I actually posted my build logs for both my Flexes in the audio section of this site.  Take a peek and let me know if you have any questions.  I would highly recommend upgrading out of the Rf 360.2.  I have had a couple and they just don't do the job right.  Too much noise is just the tip of the iceberg.

Josephm

Really??? i thought that was the best of the best when it came to running a converter.i had my tahoe in 2007, and stuff changes fast BUT  i bought it because i could hook my laptop up, and fully tune everything. Please explain more if you have had previous experiences with it. I am going to look through your build log. I did a 149.9 DB off a FI BTL 18'' in my tahoe. I have a video or two if you are interested.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete