• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3 Bar sensor

Started by SoCalSHO, August 31, 2013, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalSHO

How hard is it to change to a 3 bar sensor? Has anyone done a how-to, or is it just not needed (The how-to)?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

It's supposed to be two small bolts on the manifold and a pigtail. 

EcoPowerParts

Takes about 30 seconds to swap, just unbolt factory one on the top off the manifold and unplug the plug in new sensor and bolt it back down

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Since I had to swap out my factory 2bar, and replace it with the 3bar MapV sensor, I touched upon it's swap, and took a pic of it if memory serves me correctly, all of which is located in my 'How-To" on my Methanol Install.

Check there if need be. But as the 2 replies that precede mine, it is literally as simple as 2 bolts and a pigtail.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

SoCalSHO

Thanks, I kinda figured it was in somebodies how-to related to another mod.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

shoman04

30 sec no problem. But our Stage 4+ tune will not run with the 3bar MAP in with-out a new tune. I know I put my 3bar in car(when installing my METH kit) ran like crap but 2 weeks from now we go to LMS for my METH DYNO TUNE!!!!!! :biggrin:
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SoCalSHO

Will adding the 3-Bar sensor, without a tune, harm anything? And vice versa, how about a tune without the sensor? Or just shut up and do both at the same time  ;D
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

I was told by LMS that you could run 3-Bar with stock tune.  I would still probably switch both at same time, either tuning or going back to stock.  It's only another minute of time to swap them.

SoCalSHO

Ok, looks like the sensor to replace is directly on top of the intake manifold. The other one would be to the right, upstream, closer to the filter. looks easy.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

Yeah, I looked at mine.  It only has one torque screw.  The other side just looks like a positioning stud.

bpd1151

There are two, separate, 2bar sensors.

One is located pre-throttle body, the other is located post-throttle body & is directly on the top of the manifold.

The one that requires replacing with the 3bar, is the 2nd one, directly on top of the manifold.

Shoman04, if your car was running like crap, it is most likely due to the fact that you swapped out the incorrect one.

Some model years had two torx screws holding the sensor in place, other model years had just one torx screw, along with a positioning stud.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

crash712us

You can not use a bar3 MAP sensor without a tune for it, your car will run like crap.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SoCalSHO

Thanks crash. I should then get all my tunes modified to accept the 3 bar tunes then. OK.
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoBrick Bob

Actually the sensor by the throttle body is a 3 bar sensor and is identical to the 3 bar I purchased from Torrie for his 3 bar tunes.  Same #s and everything.  It works as a Manifold Charge Temperature (MCT) sensor.  The one on the top of the intake works as a boost (MAP) sensor. An upgrade to a 3 bar sensor is needed if your boost exceeds 15 psi.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

shoman04

bpd I too did what you did by putting the 3bar in the 3bar MAF sensor (the 1 before the throttle) and Bob is right P/N of the MAF is a 3bar sensor but the 2nd one is a different P/N and a 2bar and Andy (at LMS) said that the car will not run right with out a tune for a 3bar. Also the new XV1 tune mandate having a 3bar MAP to run.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: