• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A/C seats issue and an info screen visibility mod

Started by Black Dream, July 30, 2019, 08:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Dream

I have front air-conditioned seats on the MKS and their functionality varies from day to day.  One day they work great and the cooling is a welcome relief from this oppressive South Texas heat.  The next day I can hardly feel that they're working.  The rest of the A/C system works great 24/7 so I'm wondering if any of you can point me in the direction of a possible cause and it's fix.

One of the best mods I have done to the car is add a screen protector to the info screen.  The info screen on my 2010 has poor resolution, washed out colors, yellowish shading no matter what color theme I switched it to, collected fingerprints like the FBI hunting a serial killer and was impossible to read if any sunlight reached it either directly or indirectly.  It was my only true complaint on my new girl but I initially came to accept the fact if that was my only complaint then life was ok.  After 2 weeks though I started searching for a way to fix the issue because it got more irritating by the day.  Not hopeful  would find a decent fix I stumbled on a company called Tuff Protect on ebay, they make bad ass screen protectors for any touch screen.  They only listed a clear sheet on the Bay so I contacted them about an anti-glare type and their customer service blew me away which is hard to do.  I ordered a set of tinted protectors that were custom cut for the MKS and man oh man all my problems were solved.  I received 2 for the massive cash outlay of $16.  I highly recommend anyone with viewing issues to check them out, you will not be disappointed.  I had all of my communication with Brian over there and he was fantastic.

https://www.tuffprotect.com/
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SM105K

For the AC seats...have you changed the filters?  Yes the seats have filters.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

ZSHO

"How To" below! Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6570.0.html

Driver Power Seat Track

Item   Part Number   Description
1   61711   Seat track
2   W505153   Screws (2 required) (if equipped)
3   14C708   Driver Seat Module (DSM) (if equipped)
4   65500   Manual lumbar adjuster (if equipped)
5   W713066   Rivets (2 required) (if equipped)
6   14B416   Seat track position sensor
7   —   Seat position sensor clip (part of 14B416)
8   —   Cushion Thermo-Electric Device (TED) adapter plate screw (part of 19N550) (if equipped)
9   —   Cushion TED adapter plate (part of 19N550) (if equipped)
10   19N550   Cushion TED (if equipped)
11   19E880   Cushion TED filter (if equipped)

Passenger Power Seat Track

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Black Dream

Quote from: SM105K on July 30, 2019, 09:51:48 AM
For the AC seats...have you changed the filters?  Yes the seats have filters.

Wow I would have never guessed this.  Live and learn as they say and thanks to Z I know how to replace them, WIN!  Thanks to both of you, I really appreciate it.
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Black Dream

Good news, sort of bad news.  I took both of the filters out and they confirmed that this car was maintained immaculately as Carfax had shown.  It looks like the filters are literally brand new even though they sport a 10/18/12 date.  They both look the same, very white and translucent.  I can't see a hair, dirt spot or any other impediment so the issue isn't these.  I'll keep looking around for another answer to the intermittent effectiveness.

SHOdded

I would check the actual connections under the seat.  There is a known issue with connectors melting, and replacing the faulty connector can resolve the issue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Does the climate controlled seat buttons click ON Screen! Check to see if the (Passenger side) cooled seat works! I'm hoping its not an intermittent issue. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|