• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New member from FL, GA, anywhere the skies are blue and the wind blows.

Started by KenB, July 20, 2019, 09:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KenB

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm an older fellow, some say I'm almost as old as dirt itself, but that is not actually true.

I have a total of 11 vehicles up and down the east coast, some diesel, but mostly gas. I told my kids and grand kids if they did good in college I'd get them a new car at graduation. I shouldn't have said that, I wound up paying a ton of money for their cars. A promise is a promise.

I have one 2011 ecoboost and I am somewhat concerned about the carbon issue. I have a couple of Lincoln TC's, my wife has a caddy, kids drive focus's.

After 12 years in the military during the Nam era, and 22 years up north, I returned to my old stomping ground in the south east. After being gone for 33.5 years it was a relief to return to what I call home. It is often said, "you can never go home again", but that isn't exactly true, I did, and I'm here to stay. Ken
Stay safe and have a great day folks!

Black Dream

Welcome Ken, I'm a tad younger than you I would guess (57) but still feel young at heart.  Especially when I put the hammer down at 75 in my tuned MKS Eco lol.  Welcome to the forum, I'm relatively new here as well but it's a great resource for our cars and the members are very cool and informative.  This forum is a lot more mature than most which I appreciate, I'm not a fan of the Facebook pages for car enthusiasts.

Post up a couple of pics of your particular Ecoboost beast when you have a chance and I hope you enjoy your time here!
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

SHOdded

You now have a new home here at EBPF, Ken!  Welcome aboard, and thank you for your service!

Borescoping is the best way to determine if the carbon concern is in fact a reality.

Do post pics of your rides as time allows!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mossdahaus

Welcome to the board from another new member! There's tons of information and helpful people in this community.

Post up some pics of the car(s) as soon as you can.
2015 Taurus SHO - Performance Pkg & Nav

SW catted DPs, Ford Racing exhaust, MSD Coils, SP542 Plugs, 170 tstat, 3bar MAP sensor, XDI-35 HPFP, modified Airaid intake, GH Intercooler, 18+ trans mount, JLT catch can & AJPTurbo E30 tune

PDSHO

2013 Taurus Police Interceptor. AWD, Eco-Boost. SOLD
2015 Lincoln Navigator L, 4x4, Eco-Boost.
2016 Taurus Police Interceptor, Eco-Boost
2014 Lincoln MKS Eco-Boost

Livernois Motorsports

Welcome Ken!

Glad to have you join the forum.  Sounds like you have a fleet going there, but great guy to stand buy your word for sure.  Ton of knowledge on here and great people always willing to help with advice.  Running a catch can is a great idea on the EcoBoost and direct injection engines in general since they're mostly all susceptible to the same type of issues.  Feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help you with.