• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Some changes to the SHO

Started by goathead, August 26, 2013, 07:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goathead

It all started with wanting to get a set of wheels.  I was washing the brake dust off the wheels one day and thought they looked better darker.  Without dropping $$$ on wheels I figured I would plastidip the wheels anthracite and see how it would look that way I could peel it off.  Well...then I was like...maybe I should tint the windows...done.  Now I'm thinking the grill needs to be blacked out also...it never ends:

Before

Now

DJE624

JMR76

2013 SHO - PP/ GH Intercooler / 170*TS / Cold .026 plugs / MSD Coils / Corsa cat-back / PPE Catted Downpipes / Xtreme-DI XDI-EO HPFP / E 30+ / Gear Head Tuned.

jomc111

Definitely black out the grill, looks good man
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

Larrylu

Black accents with that red color .... fantastic. Looks great.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

bpd1151

Yep that looks phenomenal! :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

goathead

Thanks guys, definitely will be blacking out the grill this week and the trunk bar.

FaSSt9602

Interested to see how it holds up!  I have really been tempted to try the wheels on my truck.  And it is certainly a good way to do it, just in case you don't like it.  But I also don't want them to look like crap after a week...
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

goathead

Quote from: FaSSt9602 on August 27, 2013, 01:55:56 PM
Interested to see how it holds up!  I have really been tempted to try the wheels on my truck.  And it is certainly a good way to do it, just in case you don't like it.  But I also don't want them to look like crap after a week...

So far, it's been just over a month and I've washed the car three times.  Seems to be holding up well.  It did what I wanted so anything else is a win until I find what wheels I want permanently.