• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Reische 170° Performance Thermostat???

Started by Tomc612, March 02, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomc612

Sure don't look like a Reische 170°, it has 160 stamped on it and says Germany/Even flow.Any ideas? I logged on my LMS account and ordered the Reische 170° Performance Thermostat..I don't understand why no gasket and came in no box.

EcoPowerParts

Two pictures of one I had from this summer (customer was complaining about the blemishes in the brass)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

I have heard that LMS might be going to 160.  I am surprised there was no box or o-ring.  Can you re-use the stock gasket?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on March 02, 2014, 11:08:22 PM
I have heard that LMS might be going to 160.  I am surprised there was no box or o-ring.  Can you re-use the stock gasket?
No O-ring required, just replace with factory one it's not a problem.
They may have found a new source from overseas it looks like.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SwampRat

Quote from: Tomc612 on March 02, 2014, 11:03:08 PM
Sure don't look like a Reische 170°, it has 160 stamped on it and says Germany/Even flow.Any ideas? I logged on my LMS account and ordered the Reische 170° Performance Thermostat..I don't understand why no gasket and came in no box =WTF

I ordered one directly from Reische and it did not look like that . They make there own t-stats . I did not take a photo before Install but it had 170 stamped on it and came with a new O ring.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

We'll send you what we want with no explanation and you'll like it.

:thumbsdown:

mjhpadi

Why not call them and ask them what's going on, I'm sure they will have some explanation that you can pass on to us...
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Tomc612

I will update soon..I left a few emails already and Im waiting for an explanation for why a 160 is needed. I don't think this is going to work good with our cars.

BlueSHO

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 02, 2014, 11:07:52 PM
Two pictures of one I had from this summer (customer was complaining about the blemishes in the brass)

That was me and it was a 170

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

SHOdded

That's odd.  Their website does not even list thermostats for the SHOs.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

It's always been 160 degrees if my memory serves me correctly. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

2010SHOtime

I was on the Reische website yesterday and noticed a sign that says Livernoise is no longer a distributor for them.
2010 SHO 402A non PP. Best time 13.113 @ 105.81
Tuned by Torrie @ Unleashed Tuning, sp534 plugs, 170 t-stat, 3 bar sensor.
2013 explorer (wifeys car)
2002 Orange Camaro SS-sold

SwampRat

Quote from: 2010SHOtime on March 03, 2014, 07:17:19 AM
I was on the Reische website yesterday and noticed a sign that says Livernoise is no longer a distributor for them.

Ooo Boy .... that's not good .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: JeffsSport on March 03, 2014, 12:56:14 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on March 02, 2014, 11:07:52 PM

That was me and it was a 170

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sorry, I wasn't pointing you out specifically, just remembering the convo and why I had the pictures.
I should have taken mine out of the Flex and looked at it after all the hard work it put in. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SwampRat on March 03, 2014, 07:28:13 AM
Quote from: 2010SHOtime on March 03, 2014, 07:17:19 AM

Ooo Boy .... that's not good .
I am, if you guys need any just let me know!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -