• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Reische 170° Performance Thermostat???

Started by Tomc612, March 02, 2014, 11:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Post some technical papers for us all to enjoy, and let's have a hearty discussion based on that :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

I'm going to close this thread but offer a viewpoint:
1. Customer ordered products that were misrepresented, LMS should have updated their site to reflect the new information, may have been an oversight but either way.
2. Reische has every reason to be upset when a vendor sells a customer what they think is a Reische product but in fact is a substituted product. Whether that product is bad or great, Reische's name should be taken off that product.

As I've stated before I sell thermostats and there's a ton of info out there on the benefits and the negatives of putting in a lower thermostat than stock. Each will fight tooth and nail to defend their position. I put them in but I am agnostic in my position and as a vendor offer it as a convenience to my customers.

Joel and LMS I suggest you start two different topics each with your viewpoint of the Ecoboost thermostat and technical documentation on why you set your degree points and it would be great if you could post up some reference material to back your position. I also encourage someone who is technical to put up a counter viewpoint on leaving it stock with supported documentation as well. Let the readers make their own decision.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts