• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

5 Seater Shootout - Thoughts on the next buy?

Started by JimiJak, April 15, 2014, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOSTL88

Honestly I drove an st and it just wasn't comfortable to me so I passed on it.. Although the recaro seats would be great for autox for daily commute it is an uncomfortable ride.. I'm also 6 3 so maybe my height has a rile in that...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

IHeartGroceries

The Speed3 is no longer in production. Might be a few left overs here and there, since you stated you're shopping new.

Our of the others, the FST is the clear winner...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

Needmoreboost

Focus ST out of the cars listed.  Torrie tuned and your ready to go.  :)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

IHeartGroceries

Cobb tuned and ready to go!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

JimiJak

Thanks for all the input guys! Let's not turn this into another pissing match between tuners though.

That's good to know about the speed3 not being offered for 2015...guess it takes that off the table.

So it would come down to the ST and the WRX...I do like all the plusses of the ST; more cargo room, Ford Ecoboost platform, loads of fun to drive (from what I've heard), lots of modding options...but the WRX certainly has it upsides too...mainly more power and AWD.

Both available with a 6sp. manual gearbox and a turbocharged 2.0L power train.

I admit, the fake "torque vectoring" accomplished by the brakes instead of mechanical means is a turn off...but for $25K it's not going to be perfect.

Looks like when the time comes, I'll be doing some test driving between the two and going from there.

Now to find them in stock somewhere...
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SHOSTL88

Quote from: JimiJak on April 16, 2014, 07:12:44 PM
Thanks for all the input guys! Let's not turn this into another pissing match between tuners though.

That's good to know about the speed3 not being offered for 2015...guess it takes that off the table.

So it would come down to the ST and the WRX...I do like all the plusses of the ST; more cargo room, Ford Ecoboost platform, loads of fun to drive (from what I've heard), lots of modding options...but the WRX certainly has it upsides too...mainly more power and AWD.

Both available with a 6sp. manual gearbox and a turbocharged 2.0L power train.

I admit, the fake "torque vectoring" accomplished by the brakes instead of mechanical means is a turn off...but for $25K it's not going to be perfect.

Looks like when the time comes, I'll be doing some test driving between the two and going from there.

Now to find them in stock somewhere...
let us know what u decide curiosity gets the best of us... and 14 speed 3 are probably still available I'd be curious if dodge will release the srt dart I've seen concepts

SHOSTL88

Hey also another car to Consider that gets great fuel economy is the kia optima turbo it's four door plenty of room and they got like 265 hp or something like that

panther427

2013 SHO

Josephm

Curious what your impressions are of the WRX. The ST is at a stand still mod wise, i thought? I think they have maxed out there fuel pump?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHODYOU

ST for sure... almost bought one instead of the SHO... just because they are that fun.

Interior is light years ahead of the WRX, which is huge for me, and the tq vectoring actually works quite well. It doesnt tug the wheel like youd expect... less in fact, than an lsd equipped ms3.

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

JimiJak

Quote from: Josephm on April 16, 2014, 10:30:12 PM
Curious what your impressions are of the WRX. The ST is at a stand still mod wise, i thought? I think they have maxed out there fuel pump?

Haven't heard of this...This would be good info to look into though...

The ST gets bumped down...like, WAY down if I can't mod it...where's the fun in driving a stocker!?

REDSHOCGO

no its not on your list and this is a ford forum but hell veloster turbo..... I had a chance to drive one before I bought my sho I actually had a great experience with it....not sure about aftermarket support but its a nice quirky semi speedy car. As an owner of both a Ford and Hyundai which btw is turbo as well :) both companies shine in my opinion
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

kinder

If you are open to not so fast....

Fiat 500L. Shorter than a Focus, piles of room, good fuel econ, fun to drive in the manual without being overly quick (feels faster than it is ;) .) Uses the Abarth engine so room for mods as well. There are even meth kits avail for them. ;)

But it is a bit of a 'unique' vehicle. I'm odd, what can I say.

If you were to up your budget you could grab one of these....

Nissan Juke-R vs GT-R track test - Auto Express

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

JimiJak

Quote from: kinder on April 17, 2014, 09:57:51 PM
If you are open to not so fast....

Fiat 500L. Shorter than a Focus, piles of room, good fuel econ, fun to drive in the manual without being overly quick (feels faster than it is ;) .) Uses the Abarth engine so room for mods as well. There are even meth kits avail for them. ;)

But it is a bit of a 'unique' vehicle. I'm odd, what can I say.

If you were to up your budget you could grab one of these....

well...it's missing three seats, and only $35K above budget...but sure! why not!? I mean hell, it's still $90K less than the GT-R.