• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Upcoming Events for the XSport - Thursday Thursday Thursday!

Started by JimiJak, April 15, 2014, 07:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Here's the plan (subject to change...):

Thursday afternoon I hope to get several things accomplished -
- Video and document 500mile draining of Rx OCC with original install location
- FIRST oil change, plan on using Motorcraft semi-synthetic 5w-30 with Motorcraft filter and install Fomoto valve
- Remove front bumper / grill
- Re-locate Rx catch can in front of radiator...somewhere that it will still be accessible to drain without removing the front clip
- Re-locate clean side separator line closer to, or on the air box depending on what Tracy provides me for feedback on the best location.

Who's excited!?! I am...although I don't have very high hopes for getting a lot of return from the can since I have the same setup PainterPatt had prior to the recent resolution...but who knows!?
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Ryan327

Sounds like a good weekend.  Come on by and do mine while you are at it!  The downside is that as soon as you drive in a tuned one you'll have to add a tune!
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

JimiJak

You call that a downside? I call it justification for adding the tune! LOL

Anywhere near Grand Rapids? ;)

Ryan327

It's a downside for your bank account. 

Hopefully I'll have my rim back in a day or two so I can test this new tune out!!!  Should have a scan tool on the way in a few days too.
2013 Ford Explorer Sport - Lund Racing 93 Tune
2010 Audi A4 - APR Stage 1 Tune
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix - Too much to list but still slow!

donky4444

What part of GR you in?  I'm in Hudsonville all the time to visit the inlaws. I'm always up for meeting fellow members.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

JimiJak

Quote from: donky4444 on April 15, 2014, 08:58:08 PM
What part of GR you in?  I'm in Hudsonville all the time to visit the inlaws. I'm always up for meeting fellow members.
Grand Haven actually.

donky4444

Cool. I may have to hook up with you at some point this summer. The wife spends a lot of time at the grand haven beach. They are typically up there for a week the second part of June.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

POPSTAGE2

Well, I was going to install the RX CC this afternoon but now will wait to see what you come up with.
I agree, should be installed somewhere it will receive cooler than underhood temps...

Is there any concern of length of hose? Wonder if in the sections where there is longer lengths it would be better to use hard line?

Guy
99 500HP LIGHTNING
03 SD 6.0
14 EXPLORER SPORT
AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER MUSCLE / DRAG CARS

POPSTAGE2

Here is another thought.
I don't have the can in front of me but if it's mounted in a location where the drain is inaccessible, is there any reason why we couldn't make a remote drain by either taking the current drain valve off the can (is it piped thread on?) and relocating by way of hose or hard line?

Would it deter from the operation of the system?
99 500HP LIGHTNING
03 SD 6.0
14 EXPLORER SPORT
AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER MUSCLE / DRAG CARS

BiGMaC

Quote from: POPSTAGE2 on April 16, 2014, 09:19:57 AM
Here is another thought.
I don't have the can in front of me but if it's mounted in a location where the drain is inaccessible, is there any reason why we couldn't make a remote drain by either taking the current drain valve off the can (is it piped thread on?) and relocating by way of hose or hard line?

Would it deter from the operation of the system?

The drain valve (as well as the two lateral barbs on top of the can)  can be unscrewed without damaging the can,  simply put in a connector... add fuel resistant hose to the location you desire... and reinstall the drain valve... or maybe an electric remote operated.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

Well...some of the ToDo's on my list got accomplished today:
Oil changed - 6qts 5w-30 Motorcraft syn blend w wix filter
Fumoto valve installed
- for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a dual sealed ball valve that goes in place of your oil drain plug.

It tucks up in there pretty well; doesn't take up much more room than the head of the drain plug.

Also comes with some vinyl flex tubing to drain oil (some or all) into a receptacle rather than just an oil pan or whatever.

I decided not to leave the hose on, being so close to the cat. I'll just slip it back over the end when I'm ready to change it again.

As for the rest of the list:
I got the CSS line re-routed, and got the OCC drained. Write-up on both of those things is HERE.

Still upcoming is re-routing the OCC itself to in front of the radiator. Looking at Saturday to remove the front clip and see what can be seen...

Thanks guys!
STAY TUNED!!