• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Disable AdvancTrac Non-PP

Started by StealBlueSho, March 26, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

I know this subject has been BEAT TO DEATH... but I remember seeing someone mention they had or knew someone who switched out all the control modules PCM, ECU, BCM, etc... to that of a PP, and used the Ford IDS system to program it to the car...

Anyone have that thread or familiar with it? I know about the guy (Jason I believe) that can reprogram stuff on the 2013+ but this was different. My ONLY gripe with my setup is not being able to disable Advancetrac... if I can get the modules for a PP and swap them.. pay ford to do the programming.. I will do it...

Izzybird

I thought you could do it with forscan changing values in ABS. never tried it though, so I may be completely wrong.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

bpd1151

It is Jason.

Believe he resides in Wisconsin. Or at least his business was based out of there.

jmr061 is/was his forum user name.

He no longer is doing anything with the '10-'12 model years due primarily to lack of interest (at that time).

Maybe shoot him a PM with your inquiry.

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 26, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
It is Jason.

Believe he resides in Wisconsin. Or at least his business was based out of there.

jmr061 is/was his forum user name.

He no longer is doing anything with the '10-'12 model years due primarily to lack of interest (at that time).

Maybe shoot him a PM with your inquiry.

Yea he only deals with 2013+ IIRC... Thanks Mike!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Izzybird on March 26, 2018, 03:19:08 PM
I thought you could do it with forscan changing values in ABS. never tried it though, so I may be completely wrong.

So I have heard this rumor.. never heard of anyone actually trying it or which values to adjust...

Izzybird

Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:42:02 PM

So I have heard this rumor.. never heard of anyone actually trying it or which values to adjust...
Huh, now you've got me curious. If it's been done, it should be on the forscan forum. You guys can't just accidentally blow the abs fuse or have a abs sensor fall out or something?
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

StealBlueSho

Quote from: Izzybird on March 26, 2018, 03:45:57 PM
Quote from: stealbluesho on March 26, 2018, 03:42:02 PM

Huh, now you've got me curious. If it's been done, it should be on the forscan forum. You guys can't just accidentally blow the abs fuse or have a abs sensor fall out or something?

I saw someone post about it on Facebook.... but he never followed back with anymore information...

ZSHO

I guess you can always have the power transfers calibrated,tuned between all four wheels,from front-Wheel Drive, or Rear-Wheel Drive, or anything in between. Dunno.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

dubcitySHO

Opening myself up to the scrutiny and judgement of the community, I have pulled the #9 ABS pump fuse under the hood and it does completely disable the advancetrak.   :chop:

All associated actions performed by the ABS system are also eliminated.   :bangin:
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

StealBlueSho

Did the ECU still send power to the rear wheels?
Any downside to it at the track?

dubcitySHO

It still sent full power to the rear wheels.  I didn't datalog it so I don't know if I was producing a TQ18 or what have you.

I had no ill or lasting effects afterwards.  Disconnected the negative battery terminal, popped the fuse back in, and all was good.
2018 Magnetic Metallic F-150 XLT FX4 SCrew, 20% 3M Tint, Currently researching reputable F-150 tuners....

Gjkrisa

Quote from: dubcitySHO on March 26, 2018, 09:31:23 PM
Opening myself up to the scrutiny and judgement of the community, I have pulled the #9 ABS pump fuse under the hood and it does completely disable the advancetrak.   :chop:

All associated actions performed by the ABS system are also eliminated.   :bangin:
Maybe I should have gotten fully loaded non pp but I didn't want to risk that making the car go into a limp mode.
Now just wire a switch to by pass the fuse for instant winter fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Izzybird

Quote from: dubcitySHO on March 26, 2018, 09:31:23 PM

Thanks for sharing, I figured the fuse should work.
Wife's '15 SHO non PP

StinkinLinkin13

I too would like traction control off by default. I don't need it often here in south Texas. Annoying having to turn it off every time I start it up.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

dubcitySHO

Quote from: Gjkrisa on March 26, 2018, 10:29:55 PMNow just wire a switch to by pass the fuse for instant winter fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that will work.  You may have to key the ignition off and on to get the desired effects from said switch. 

I'm sure it would work with disabling the AdvanceTrac flipping the switch, but to get it to "turn back on" I'm guessing would require the car to be turned off and restarted.