• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PIR race day #2, trying again to get into a 12..

Started by TopherSho, May 26, 2017, 10:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 31, 2017, 09:21:45 AM
Functional, engine hood vents, AND hood pins. Works wonders my friends.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

/weeping/  it .. is .. so .. pretty ..

Seriously though that is dead sexy.   If i would not cut my own junk off by accident it would be tempting to replicate... but in my old age i know better.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on May 31, 2017, 09:08:31 AM
Assuming dirt & grime & half of Pebble Beach doesnt end up in the engine bay through the holes LOL.  It's a constant battle getting airflow AND keeping things clean.

Meh rocks i have.. check my AC HE pic in full detail. :P
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

StealBlueSho

Why the hood pins? I see the latch is still there...

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Hood pins are necessary to secure the hood at triple digit speeds, likely more than most will see even at the strip ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSho on May 31, 2017, 09:39:12 AM
Why the hood pins? I see the latch is still there...
Well.... the background behind that is, is that on a certain, non-descript highway, somewhere in Mexico, my SHO & I were motoring along, when (& I forgot what kind of car it was) wanted to "play".

I chuckled to myself as I said outloud "ha, isn't that cute?" So of course, I obliged. Poor guy, didn't know what hit him.

Well anyhow, during that spirited romp, my hood experienced that dreaded vertical flopping. Made even more pronounced due to having compromised the structural integrity of the hood, by installing those vents.

Clipping into the 150's (MPH that is), the OEM primary latch let go, and the hood raised up about an inch. Luckily the secondary caught,  otherwise had it not, buh bye custom hood.

After sharting myself and decelling rapidly, I exited that dubious Mexican highway, and pulled over to inspect and verify all was well.

Didn't take me but a mere week after that incident, to have the SHO dropped off at my local body shop, to install the hood pins.

No more issues since. Sure as $h!t scary AF though, for that brief 30 seconds or so while decelerating from those triple digits.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StealBlueSho

Ahhh Mike lives his life a quarter mile at a time I see ;-)

SHOdded

A mile for everyone else elapses in a quarter mile for him, very true!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

New updates..

After applying the hose clamps to every thing on the positive pressure pipe or coming off the positive pressure pipes we have also solved another mystery.   

What ever needed re-clamped or re-attached then and then clamped to hell has also solved the weirdness of low RPM launches being faster than Higher RPM launches.

so it looks like i had a heat issue of a different variety .. (soft loose *but not falling off* hoses under high heat?)

Today's data log shows a high rpm launch of 2300rpm producing a 4.5x 0-60 AND a new best time for 0-70, 0-100 and 0-105mph.

The file with AUDIT in the name will not load in Livewire.  is a spreadsheet to run the calculations to get *estimated* times based on the SCT log..

The other file will load in LiveLink and has had the before and after trimmed to only show the launch and run.

Thank's everyone.  It turns out all my weirdness .. is standard fare  .....  check the $%^&ing hoses on a car with only 40k miles :P

StealBlueSho

Quote from: TopherSho on June 01, 2017, 03:38:22 PM
New updates..

After applying the hose clamps to every thing on the positive pressure pipe or coming off the positive pressure pipes we have also solved another mystery.   

What ever needed re-clamped or re-attached then and then clamped to hell has also solved the weirdness of low RPM launches being faster than Higher RPM launches.

so it looks like i had a heat issue of a different variety .. (soft loose *but not falling off* hoses under high heat?)

Today's data log shows a high rpm launch of 2300rpm producing a 4.5x 0-60 AND a new best time for 0-70, 0-100 and 0-105mph.

The file with AUDIT in the name will not load in Livewire.  is a spreadsheet to run the calculations to get *estimated* times based on the SCT log..

The other file will load in LiveLink and has had the before and after trimmed to only show the launch and run.

Thank's everyone.  It turns out all my weirdness .. is standard fare  .....  check the $%^&ing hoses on a car with only 40k miles :P

Ha! Glad you found it out! Best to check the hoses on a regular basis... I think most people on this forum at one point has had a boost reference hose pop or get loose at some point. I known I have..

SHOdded