• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SYNC Most current Update

Started by FearlessAZ, September 21, 2016, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessAZ

I was messing around with seeing what stuff and be upgraded through the system in my 2010 SHO and noticed That My last SYNC update was 3.01 back in Aug of 2009. I realize this was when the car was brand spankin new. My problem is that the owner.ford website says this is up to date. I find it extremely hard to believe there was never an update for it. i have searched around and saw similar vehicles running a newer version with the same system. Just curious if anyone has any extra info on this or if anybody does have a newer version of it running on their 2010 Sync with Navigation.
2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

sholxgt

The newest version of your Sync system is 4.4.1.  You may need to do a chat with a Ford rep in order to get the download option to appear for your car. 

When I updated my FordTouch version, it had me first go out to the car and have it do a vehicle health report I think that is what que's their system to know it needs an update.  Not sure if that applies to Sync version 1.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Wardog692

I've tried multiple times to get mine to update and have failed each time. I can't remember exactly what update I was going for, but it was a couple of months ago. I'll have to log back in and see what was going wrong and maybe try again.
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

sholxgt

I had good luck using the concierge through chat.  That was on Lincoln, but I would guess there's one for Ford as well.  May want to click on the chat button once your logged in and see if they can help.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

ZSHO

Since your vehicle is stock the Ford Dealer can certainly update your sync for ya to the newest/latest file with IDS and shouldn't take more than ten-15 min for the procedure.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

paokara777

are there any functional differences between updates?
Have they added features etc?
Daily Drive:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, AJP 3BAR 93, K&N drop in
Weekend Cruiser:
1968 Ford Mustang Coupe 289 C Code
4Bl Carb, HiPo Cam, Headers and Exhaust

FearlessAZ

Any idea how much the dealership would charge? A sales manager at a local Lincoln dealership is a good family friend. He might be able to hook me up. 4.4.1 is for the Sync with Navigation? I have ran the vehicle health report a few times and still nothing on that end.

ZSHO

Quote from: FearlessAZ on September 21, 2016, 04:01:16 PM
Any idea how much the dealership would charge? A sales manager at a local Lincoln dealership is a good family friend. He might be able to hook me up. 4.4.1 is for the Sync with Navigation? I have ran the vehicle health report a few times and still nothing on that end.
I would guess roughly around 30.00-40.00 or even for free if you purchased your vehicle from them or knowing someone as you mentioned above would help,best of luck to ya.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FearlessAZ

Awesome. I will definitely give them a call and see what they can do.

hawkeye93

2015 Ford Taurus SHO PP 12.219@112.84
PPE catless DP, Gearhead IC, SP-534, Reische 170, 3 bar, hybrid meth system, tunes from Unleashed, Livernois, Brew City Boost & AJP

1965 Ford Mustang Convertible 289 4V/T5Z/3.55
1955 Ford Fairlane Club Sedan 272 4V/Fordomatic

FearlessAZ

It just redirects to owner.ford.com when I log in and tells me the same info.

FearlessAZ

Talking to the online chat was next to useless. They told me the most recent update was pulled bit would be available some time this year. They could not push the update before that to my account though. Even though I pointed out that I am on 3.01 which was available when the vehicle was brand new, they stated only thing I could do would be to see if the dealership can do anything. They did tell me the update that was pulled was v4.6 I believe. That is a huge difference in updates. I find it hard to believe there was no way to do anything on their end. I guess I will give the dealership a call and get to it. I was kind of hoping to save myself the trip.

FearlessAZ

Just a little update. I finally had a day off today and was going to try one last time to update myself with a different USB. Went online just to verify there wasn't a newer update and wouldn't you know. Now shows the 4.6 update for me to download. Went ahead and put it on the new USB and installing it as I type this. Those that have anything older should double check their updates page. I checked it multiple times over the last month and always said there was nothing newer. They must have fixed the installation issues and rereleased 4.6.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FearlessAZ

Looks like it updated. I now have music meta data and text messages go through the sync system. Seems to run smoother now as well. Didn't play around too much with it though. Glad that saved me some dough.