• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Resetting pcm after tune?

Started by shweetpickens, September 16, 2016, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: derfdog15 on November 09, 2016, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 09, 2016, 12:24:17 PM
Quote from: derfdog15 on November 09, 2016, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: StealBlueSho on November 09, 2016, 12:04:13 PM
So I was under the impression that when you flash your ECU it clears out the KAM during the flash... This is why your fuel trims, OAR, and adaptives get reset after a flash. That's why after a flash your transmission shifts harder because everything gets reset...

Think about the reverse if your KAM didn't get reset then you flash... Then your fuel trims could potentially be VERY off causing all kinds of issues... Your OAR could be off causing too much spark advance which leads to knocking... Your transmission wouldn't have baseline starting point to adjust the adaptives...

Guessing at this, but based on my logging, after a flash, most learned values get reset..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Most adaptive parameters do get reset after a flash, however, items like OAR do not reset due to a flash. While not necessary a major concern, this could be an issue if you go from an E blend tune to a straight 93 octane tune, just before changing fuels, or something similar.

My Recommendation is to do a KAM reset upon major modifications, like stated, or upon fuel type changes, especially if going to worse fuel. It takes only a few seconds to do one with an SCT (if that is how you're tuned) and doesn't take super long for the car to relearn. Better safe than sorry IMO
You OAR DOES get reset after a flash. That is a fact...

Maybe my SCT X4 is just buggy then...

I have never seen OAR change after a flash, either from stock or from custom tune to custom tune. However, when I did a manual KAM reset, it went to 0, and learned again.
Hmm I wonder then if it's strategy specific then? My OAR always got reset to 0 after I flashed.. and that was with Unleashed, AJPTurbo, And LMS tunes.. and all three mentioned to let my OAR even out before logging..

FoMoCoSHO

My OAR does not change when I flash unless I go back to stock because my tuned setting for OAR is different.

AJP turbo

My OAR never reset on my car, but ive noticed logs from people where it is resetting...cant explain
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

glock-coma

Yep, mine resets after every reflash.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Ok so maybe a diff with the 2013+?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

derfdog15

Quote from: SHOdded on November 09, 2016, 01:28:07 PM
Ok so maybe a diff with the 2013+?

That is a reasonable possibility, but it is definitely an odd difference. I wonder why that is?
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

StealBlueSho

I'm jealous if it doesn't!! I always have to drive around and get my OAR to level out before I can data log...otherwise I don't get full spark..

SHOdded

No clue why it does not reset, could be a Ford or an SCT issue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

The encoding programming is different on the 13+SHO. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ecoboostsho

It always reset on my 11...never on my 13 after a flash. Most likely due to the PCM being different

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded