• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hack sync 3

Started by Gjkrisa, May 08, 2016, 01:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Hi does anyone know how to add background, change skin of the sync 3 no I'm not talking about day color and night I want to have night kinda but change color of the lines to a bright red instead of the grey.
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

Gjkrisa

So sync 3 is no longer Microsoft it is by blackberry the O's being called qnx on the sync 2 people are posting they had got access to the files trying to find out if there is a way in sync 3 from photos of the back of radio there are two mini USB ports probably just going to the center console can someone confirm this?
I joined qnx forum to see if I can find anyone who can help with the file system when I find a way to view it. I don't know if they have something like they have for Android adb that I can access thru USB

AnotherGreenFusion

Not being a Windows device makes it a bit harder but not impossible. The first step aside from messing with the ports would be to get hands on an update package (if any have been released, i dont have sync 3 yet). Regardless of the main OS system updates follow similar concepts system to system.

Reverse engineer an update package, provided there is no private key signing from Ford and you should be able to change the contents of the package with your own payload including possibly executable and scripts. Once you are able to get the system to run your own package its a matter of determining what kind of manifest you need to enable what you want.

The service ports on the unit are likely another point of entry though first it must be determined if they are actually USB ports or just using the USB connector out of convenience. Perhaps that has already been done?

Source : used to program robots, oil rigs and power plants. consumer grade systems are not much different though they are starting to include additional chips and digital signatures to prevent unauthorized access.

EDIT: Also the app platform is another possible vector, expect the apps to be sandboxed but no sandbox is perfect.
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

Gjkrisa

Yea was curious if any of the ports on the back are service ports.
People I guess are only getting info using the can.
Yea if we could figure how to over flow the buffer or something. I wish sync 3 still looked like my Ford touch and Android auto worked for my Nexus 6p. But having it be faster is more important.
Odd Nexus 6p isn't supported since it's androids flagship phone and Android would want the full experience to work.