• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO Tires - Going from 255/45-19 to either 255/40-19 or 255/50-19?

Started by peppelepugh, January 20, 2016, 10:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppelepugh

I'm looking at tires and can save some extra $$ by changing up the size from 255/45-19 to either 255/40-19 or 255/50-19. Has anyone done this in the past? Any thoughts? Concerns?

I checked the comparisons, its only adding or subtracting 1 inch in overall height
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-45r19-255-50r19 <--- 255/50-19
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=255-45r19-255-40r19 <--- 255/40-19

As for the tires I'm looking at, here are a couple I've had my eye on (I know some aren't available in the factory size, but this is just an idea of what tires i've been looking at)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=545VR9CP7ASP&tab=Sizes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS+06

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+COMP-2+A%2FS&partnum=54WR9GFC2ASXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Any input is appreciated as always!!!!

THANKS!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

r1crusher

Can't comment much about the size change but I can comment on the tires.  I was looking not long ago and I decided to get the DWS06's over the P7's because I wanted something oriented towards more back roads driving because of where I live (i.e. sport vs touring).  I also like the warranty the Conti's have as well.  Wet traction is really good as it should be with newer tires and with the snow we just had and going to get down here in Cinci I'll be able to gauge how well they are in the snow.  Overall to this point I've been very please with the DWS06's since putting them on back around Aug.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

peppelepugh

Yeah i'm seeing the DWS06 has a hair better ratings than the P7s! And since I think i've talked myself out of rims, I just want the best tire I can get that won't 100% break the bank!

Thanks for the review!!!! Have fun in the snow this weekend!!!!
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

r1crusher

NP...and I will def. be out playing one way or another this weekend.  LOL!
'17 XSport

peppelepugh

I guess my other concern other than ride quality (more side wall = comfier ride). Is Ford/Dealership going to fuss if I have to take the car in for warranty work with a certain size tires that's not in spec from factory?

r1crusher

I don't know that I've ever heard of a dealership denying warranty work because of slight different tire size from OE.  I suppose it's possible but that would be really REALLY s*** of them.  It's not like you're turning it into a rock crawler with 35" tires.  I think you'll be okay with any minor changes in aspect ratios or even +2 larger dia.
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I would not worry even the slightest bit in that aspect,its not a custom size tire by far,as long as its an alternative size that fits your rims you should be fine,my car came with 245-45-20 and the Ford dealer ordered me 255-45-20 which is a bit wider than the oem setup,Definitely p/up yourself a nice set of Conti's and enjoy the ride.  Z     :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

peppelepugh

Just pulled the trigger on some BF Goodrich Comp-2 A/S! Should ship by next week! Had to go with 255/40-19... maybe this size is an excuse to get me some Coil Overs???!!!!

AJP turbo

I would adjust speedo in the tune for what you did...u will be logging more miles that what you have...thats one reason they put the size on the door and reputable tire shops will not install any other size....tour cars miles will be skewed forever...no way for subsequent owners to ever know the true mileage
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 28, 2016, 06:23:21 PM
Yep..1" OD change is big in my book
Agree... Could have a noticeable effect on acceleration... That 1" is probable worth an extra 75-100 tire revolutions per mile.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock