• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

From Focus ST to Taurus SHO

Started by Frozen Blue, January 14, 2016, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frozen Blue

Hey guys I just picked up a white 2013 SHO. I had a blue 2014 Focus ST with a few modifications.

GTX2867 .64AR turbo
Aquamist HSF3 WMI setup for direct-port injection
FSWerks Intake tube
MBRP Charge Pipes with Tial BOV
Steeda "Street" intercooler
CPE catless downpipe
Magnaflow catback
Damond Motorsports OCC
Tuned by Justin Brasil from Freektune with a Cobb AP3

Quick pic of how I set up the methanol system:

And now my current toy:

I have to work on it gradually. With a wedding this year and buying a house after I need to pay some stuff off. I promised the fiance I wouldn't make any major purchases until after we buy the house. Buuuuuuuut, I found a good deal on a used SCT X3. If I get that than I'll be ordering 1 heat range colder plugs, 3 bar MAP sensor, 170° thermostat, and a tune from Unleashed today. I also have my old Snow Performance WMI kit in the garage gathering dust. I might put that to good use until I can grab an Aquamist HSF4 and set it up for direct-port injection.

I look forward to joining the forum and sharing some good info!
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
Powerstop Z23 rotors/pads
LMS v10

ZSHO

Welcome aboard the E.B.P.F Frozen Blue,how many miles on your SHO? was it a CPO? and best of luck with the new ride and please get rid of that atrocious AV.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Frozen Blue

Thanks for the welcome. It's at 35,000 miles. Not sure what a CPO is. And the avatar is here to stay until I get bored with it.  :nonono:
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10

PokerMunkee

Looks good!

Just needs some tint now!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Frozen Blue

Thanks man. And it really does need tint badly. I just grabbed the tuner, plugs, thermostat, 3-bar map sensor, and tune so it has to wait a bit. Probably have it done around spring time.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10

MJESHO

Frozen Blue's avatar kicks A$$!!!

CPO (Certified Pre-Owned)
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

ecoboostsho

Welcome and hope to see you around the Minneapolis area sometime.  I'm down south of the cities (around Lakeville)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ZSHO

I basically wanted to know if they gave you any type of warranty,there is a host of recalls and TSB'S out for that particular year,would try to rectify any issues before the 3yr-36k warranty ends up,sorry man not a big fan of Lil wayne/Atkinson.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Frozen Blue

Thanks man! I'm over in Maple Grove right now. We started off living downtown but have slowly been moving further and further away from the city. Maybe I'll see you around.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10

Frozen Blue

Quote from: ZSHO on January 14, 2016, 01:47:38 PM
I basically wanted to know if they gave you any type of warranty,there is a host of recalls and TSB'S out for that particular year,would try to rectify any issues before the 3yr-36k warranty ends up,sorry man not a big fan of Lil wayne/Atkinson.  Z

It's all good man!  :beer2: I was browsing the Nic Cage photoshopped pics when this popped up and I thought it was funny. Thanks for the heads up on the TSBs. I'm going to have to check the vin # real quick. It's not a CPO unfortunately. But I do still have the 60,000 mile powertrain warranty at least. And I'm decent with a wrench. As long as it holds up until after the house purchase then I'll be happy. If it lets go after that I'll just take that as a sign that it will be time for some forged internals.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10

Livernois Motorsports

Welcome to the forum from the crew here at Livernois Motorsports!

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

SHOdded

Welcome to the community, FB, congrats on the engagement, upcoming marriage, and new house-to-be!  Nice setup on the ST, looking forward to the mods for the SHO ;)  Does your SHO have the performance package? 

TSBs for the 2013+ are mostly uptodate & listed here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3836.0.html
Additional insight can be gained by looking through the 2010-12 TSBs if you wish:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,496.0.html

Highly recommended to change out the trans, PTU, and RDU fluids relatively soon.  Inexpensive insurance esp. when not in possession of an extended warranty.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Frozen Blue

Quote from: SHOdded on January 14, 2016, 03:46:10 PM
Welcome to the community, FB, congrats on the engagement, upcoming marriage, and new house-to-be!  Nice setup on the ST, looking forward to the mods for the SHO ;)  Does your SHO have the performance package?

Thanks for the links! I keep seeing the PP come up everywhere. I've just been reading into the fueling and turbo capabilities on the 3.5. I haven't even looked to see what the performance package is or how I know if I have it. I did plan on flushing all of the fluids. Like you said, it's cheap insurance. I'm going to read those links real quick.

And I can't wait to start modding either. I just ordered a used SCT X3, plugs, thermostat, 3 bar map sensor, and a tune from Torrie. I'm going to sneaky ninja install them when the fiance is out somewhere.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10

AJP turbo

Damn i cant imagine not knowing everything about a car when i buy one...i usually have to tell the sales people to stfu because they lie and i know more about the car than they do....you missed out not having the PP
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Frozen Blue

Quote from: ajpturbo on January 14, 2016, 04:56:40 PM
Damn i cant imagine not knowing everything about a car when i buy one...i usually have to tell the sales people to stfu because they lie and i know more about the car than they do....you missed out not having the PP

I know what you mean. I thought I had a pretty good handle on it since I'm very familiar with the Focus ST but I overlooked that one. What does the PP consist of? Brakes and a trans cooler? Bigger radiator? I'm satisfied with the brakes right now. I might add slotted rotors when the stockers go but I don't plan on tracking the car. And a trans cooler and oil cooler aren't too hard to do. Right now my concern is the FMIC efficiency. From what I've read people are getting like a 40° rise in charge temps. I don't like that. I know WMI helps but I'd still rather have a better FMIC. I work in a machine shop so it's not to difficult for me to fabricate stuff. I just have to wait until it warms up here so I can poke and prod on the car and read some more here. The high Sunday is 0° F. I've been scoping out cores on a few sites and can Tig weld the end tanks on at work. I just need to look and see what kind of room, if any, there is.
2013 SHO non-pp
3 bar Map, 160° tstat
LMS v10