• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

World's Fastest Taurus SHO (take 2) 11.542 @ 119.49MPH

Started by bpd1151, November 12, 2015, 04:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Numbers say he should have ya...but that's racing!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

f8tlSHO

I'm guessing this is the "other guy" you are referring to.. I just saw this pop up on Facebook yesterday...

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

glock-coma

Mike got him by .05 in the 60' which would be at least .10 at the other end.
I wonder if Dan piloting Mikes SHO made the difference.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Wilson

Hadn't checked,  but wouldn't DA account for the time difference?

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

PokerMunkee

Probably, those AZ tracks are at 1500-2000' elevation, compared to 500' in Michigan.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

DA is weird...once it gets so high it hurts quite a bit, but when the DA values aren't that far off it comes down to driver being able to take advantage of the conditions.

I ran 12.40 in 2300 DA....came back and ran a best of 12.41 in negative DA...weird

Difference could be the suspension, which would be a good help in the 60'.

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Brucelinc

I think wind direction makes a lot of difference, too.  I have run quicker in higher DA and calm conditions than in lower DA but with a headwind.

EcoPowerParts

Jacob was at around 3500ft DA which is a HUGE impact to ET here in AZ. If BPD brought his car here he's lose at least .2 and more like .3
I've seen it over and over in the past 25+ years of racing regular street cars. My old Impala SS ran mid to high 13's here, guys at Atco were running high 12's. When we met at nationals in Dallas with temps in the 100's I beat them all by .2 BUT the record stood by the timeslip not by corrected times.

EDIT - I did some research on the weather that night, looks like we were having amazing weather at 1500' DA, still around .1 to .2 difference.
Outside temps were 61, if Mike's run was colder then that impacts the IAT at the top of the run, reducing power.
If both cars were in the same location I would bet that it would be a driver's race, my money would be on Jacob's car, probably winning by .2 or so.
Remember that dynos are only really comparable when it's the same dyno and same weather.
Only way to REALLY figure out what's going on between two cars is to meet the same day at the same track and race :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoPowerParts

BTW, the fact that we have multiple mid 11 second SHO is AMAZING, two different paths but both getting there and getting it done.
Jacob is still on his stock 2014 engine and trans, just upgraded turbos, fuel system, IC, downpipes and my cutout setup which is pretty cool.
Your build is awesome as well to see the stock fuel system on meth and I'm going to assume race gas at the track making 500+WHP is awesome as well.
Until somebody builds a big single though I don't think we'll see any 10's at this power level but I could be wrong.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

Lack of coilovers for the 2013+ cars isn't helping either. Mine looks like its heading for orbit when I launch.

PokerMunkee

Hell, if both of them go to Atco, I'm sure they'll be in the 10s!! lol

Or better yet, meet half way in Denver and be happy to break into the 12's!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

I'm hoping all this goodness SHOws up at the convention next year in Nashville!!!!

mval

rich:
that would be great, can't wait for next convention, for me a very quick ride. for anybody on the fence about going. last years was my first & was just a pure blast. just to hang w/all the car guys in hotel parking lot was fun & that doesn't include all the events. although may not road course her next year, much to relief of kirk!!!!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

bamsho

There may be a drag racing day at convention next year, but still up in the air.  Mark you calender for 3rd week in July.  Its is a blast, and would be a good chance to get all the cars on the same track and same conditions.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

HKMediaChicago

Quote from: bpd1151 on November 12, 2015, 04:05:30 PM
Ok, so although there's a long, long history, as well as multiple rather entertaining stories on how this achievement finally came about, I've been told on more than one occasion, that I'm too "long winded".

Therefore, in a refreshing change of pace, I'll just keep this really sweet, short, and simple, by posting the following:

https://youtu.be/11w0yUlR87E

Now, in closing, I'm not naïve enough to believe I'll hang onto to this title for very long, but I'll relish in the 15min of lime light while I can.

Likewise, and although the "thank you" list is ever expanding, and (trying) to stick to my short posting.....

I'd be remiss if I didn't thank the following for their involvement and inspiration respectively:

Mr. Dan Millen, owner of Livernois Motorsports & his entire staff, info found at:
www.livernoismotrosports.com  or by phone at: (313) 561-5500

Mr. Matthew Hencinski, owner of Finishline Cars, & his entire staff, info found at:
www.finishlinecars.com  or by phone at: (815) 556-1006

Mr. Jeff Liu, owner of HK Media Chicago, & his revolving partners, info found at:
www.hkmediachicago.com  or by phone at:  (630) 280-1670

All of my fellow SHO owners, of all Generations, including Zach Wright for keeping my developing old ass motivated in the true spirit of competition likewise.

Thank you and enjoy!

Thanks for the love, brother! See you soon.
www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema