• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

US131 Dragway 5-1-15. New PB

Started by donky4444, May 01, 2015, 08:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

First run of the night and I got a new PB of 12.5612 plenty of more running tonight to improve as the temps drop.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ZSHO

Congrats on the new best time Donky,must admit that those are some great numbers there,and again congrats.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

donky4444

No faster times tonight but they were all better than my best from last year. Thanks a ton to Rich for his advice with adding a little corn , tire pressures and such. Car 505 was Dennis (Snaf2u) in his 2013 PP with LME V8 tune with 2 bar. Here are the rest of my slips. I beat a tuned 300z twin turbo and then got spanked by an older Nova running slicks. DA was about 1200 tonight and we had a 5-10 MPH wind out of the NW (track runs due north).

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

donky4444

SHOdded

Good times, Don!  Nice video too, always enjoy watching those older racers kick up their legs like horses ;)  BUT it also struck me how QUIET the SHO was in comparison.  No fuss, no muss.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

Quote from: SHOdded on May 02, 2015, 06:51:59 AM
Good times, Don!  Nice video too, always enjoy watching those older racers kick up their legs like horses ;)  BUT it also struck me how QUIET the SHO was in comparison.  No fuss, no muss.

Dennis and I were talking about that. There were a few that were pretty loud and yet slower than us. Goes to show you don't have to make that much noise to go fast.

SHOdded

Sometimes you think you should enter those cars into a decibel contest in an audio show!  No question they'd take the prize :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

It was a fun night for sure. Dennis got his PB as well, went from a 12.81 to a 12.79. I had almost 2/3 of a tank of gas so I may get a little quicker with better planning with how much gas I have in the car. There were even a couple of 7 second cars there last night, so crazy to see those thing rip down the track.

SHOnUup

Great stuff Don. I think you've got a 12.4 in her too. Still a little meat on the bone with the 60'.

Congrats, can't wait to see you in a couple weeks at Milan.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Brucelinc

Don, great times!  Were you running the modified 1-2 shift pressure?

donky4444

Quote from: Brucelinc on May 02, 2015, 10:16:15 AM
Don, great times!  Were you running the modified 1-2 shift pressure?

I have the 4X plus which does have the modified 1-2 shift. I still had a little bit of shudder on the shift for 2 of the runs though.

snaf2u

Nice runs all evening Don. We both had some wheelspin although the track did look good. Even with just the 2 bar I spun if i I launched above 1700 rpm. I have the PP so I have a small gear ratio advantage on Don but the 3-bar he has more than negates that. I guess I will have to put the 3-bar on mine also. Good time Don and we`ll do it again.
2013 SHO red w/PP. Stock with Livernois stage 4 tune using the 93 octane new revision tune. Best of 12.79 @ 106 on 5-01-15 at US131 dragway, Martin, Michigan.

ZSHO

Quote from: snaf2u on May 02, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
Nice runs all evening Don. We both had some wheelspin although the track did look good. Even with just the 2 bar I spun if i I launched above 1700 rpm. I have the PP so I have a small gear ratio advantage on Don but the 3-bar he has more than negates that. I guess I will have to put the 3-bar on mine also. Good time Don and we`ll do it again.
Great runs to both of you,snaf2u any other mods besides the tune like a 160stat or plugs gapped at 0.30, BTW congrats again.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

snaf2u

Quote from: ZSHO on May 02, 2015, 04:36:53 PM
Quote from: snaf2u on May 02, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
Great runs to both of you,snaf2u any other mods besides the tune like a 160stat or plugs gapped at 0.30, BTW congrats again.Z
Nope. Just a pure tune only car. It is a lease and has 1 year left. If I decide to buy it .....well something might happen then. Possibly a 3-bar soon though..
2013 SHO red w/PP. Stock with Livernois stage 4 tune using the 93 octane new revision tune. Best of 12.79 @ 106 on 5-01-15 at US131 dragway, Martin, Michigan.