• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

torque pro on galexy s3- so confused...

Started by jimmyducati, January 22, 2015, 12:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyducati

So I will start this out by stating that I am definitely not a PC, I am a mac because they work without me doing anything... So naturally, I'm totally lost on how to download and use anything other than the parameters already installed in the torque pro app. Ive been reading the forum here and have seen a lot about PID's and formulas, but its all 100% Greek to me. I don't see any place in the app to go to with the exception of the "get plugin" button, and that just takes me to a forum that seems to only have jpegs that you can download and nothing Eco boost specific.

All I want to do is see the boost, the spark advance and retard, fuel psi and how the injectors are firing. Every now and then my car throws a cylinder 6 misfire and anytime you press the gas pedal it bucks and feels like the engine is trying to leave the car. Pretty much all the time while cruising at a constant speed the car feels like its surging, I would compare it to slightly pushing in the clutch in a manual transmission over and over again so it just barely disengages, then re-engages over and over again.

Does anyone have a simple, easy to follow writup on how to install these "PID's" onto the torque app?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

Airbornemaikai

So you're a computer? Lol sorry couldn't resist. There is plenty of info under the torque section. Any other parameters (pids) that are not already available to you is an extra cost to download through the app itself. The app itself will have pop ups the first time you use it explaining how to change between parameters/screens (touch and hold screen)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

jimmyducati

where do you go within the app to get the extra PID's? when I go to the "get plugin" icon, it takes me to torque-bhp.com There I can see a whole list of manufacture specific widgets (nothing ford or ecoboost related) and a few random crap widgets I don't want or need. This is why I like mac products, easy to use... why must windows based programs require a degree to use??

wasinger3000

Just by chance did you have the fuel pump recall performed? Did you just fill the fuel tank?

Reason I ask is mine did the EXACT same thing with they did the fuel pump recall. What happens is the techs that are not so skilled break or Crack a certain line that let's fuel fill the evap canister which causes the bucking, misfire codes, stalling ect...
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jimmyducati

to my knowledge the car has not had any recalls done on it... the last time it was at the dealer (when I was refused warranty work on the front turbo leaking oil) they said the only recall that was active for my car was a license plate light recall. It has never stalled though, just that annoying constant surging and the  occasional cylinder 6 misfire.

Ive already wrapped the knock sensor wire along the drivers side of the block and have changed and properly gaped the plugs. Had to replace a couple of the plug wire insulators because they stuck to the top of the spark plug and tore during removal. Im 100% positive that all of the plug wires went back onto the correct plugs and the (cheap) spring is properly placed inside of the insulator... what a crap design!

wasinger3000

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 22, 2015, 01:27:00 PM
to my knowledge the car has not had any recalls done on it... the last time it was at the dealer (when I was refused warranty work on the front turbo leaking oil) they said the only recall that was active for my car was a license plate light recall. It has never stalled though, just that annoying constant surging and the  occasional cylinder 6 misfire.

Ive already wrapped the knock sensor wire along the drivers side of the block and have changed and properly gaped the plugs. Had to replace a couple of the plug wire insulators because they stuck to the top of the spark plug and tore during removal. Im 100% positive that all of the plug wires went back onto the correct plugs and the (cheap) spring is properly placed inside of the insulator... what a crap design!
Ok just wanted to check and narrow down what it could be.

Was #6 the cylinder that has the now messed up coil pack?

It has to be spark or fuel causing trouble.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

jimmyducati

The insulator that was torn while replacing the plugs has been replaced with a brand new insulator from ford, with a new spring, so all 6 are 100% perfect in condition and installation. It does it with the LMS stage 4+ tune installed, and with the stock tune installed. I want to get this all fixed so I can install my meth injection kit and 3 bar. at this point I am lost, both in this torque app and in what could be wrong with the car causing the surging/hesitation and misfire. It has been a continuing problem since I bought the car and ford refuses to acknowledge any problem with the car. I simply regret buying it :(

wasinger3000

Damn... I thought it was a new problem. If it's been doing it from day one then you need to take it to a different dealer. It's going to be far to expensive to take on your own. Is it still under warranty?

What are the exact codes you get? Is it just the misfire?

jimmyducati

I get the standard misfire cylinder #6 and a "lost communications with module.. blah blah something or other" code, I tracked that one down and it was a hit on the ABS, turns out I threw a pad on a rear caliper and it was sensing the problem. that's been fixed, the cylinder 6 has not..

SHOnUup

To add extra PID'S you select the little gear looking icon in the corner(settings icon), from the screen that shows you the dial gauge with options around it. From there you select "manage extra pids....), then in the top right corner you will see another menu tab to press, in there you select add custom pid

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

jimmyducati

SHOnUup, that's the kinda step by step im talkin about! Unfortunatly, they don't really line up with the options available... When I open the torque app, I have a big accel dial in the bottom right corner, the only gear icon on that home screen is "get plugins" witch takes me to a worthless website called torque wiki. I have explored this app for literally hours and have found nothing that says "manage extra pids".

wasinger3000

Quote from: jimmyducati on January 22, 2015, 04:03:52 PM
SHOnUup, that's the kinda step by step im talkin about! Unfortunatly, they don't really line up with the options available... When I open the torque app, I have a big accel dial in the bottom right corner, the only gear icon on that home screen is "get plugins" witch takes me to a worthless website called torque wiki. I have explored this app for literally hours and have found nothing that says "manage extra pids".
Do you have this icon?

jimmyducati

nope, that gear doesn't exist on my app, everything else looks the same though...

SHOdded

Can you post a snapshot of what the "home screen" looks like?  It may be the difference between Torque and Torque Pro.  You may not be able to do custom PIDs in the base Torque software.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

That gear will disappear after sitting. But I think the lite version doesn't allow the adding of PID'S.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.