• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

That Ford Performance 3.5-liter EcoBoost? It's all new

Started by Scott13SHO, January 12, 2015, 09:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

SHOnUup

It sounds bad for our current 3.5 when in the article is says they scrapped the design. But, when they say larger turbos, does that mean there's a smaller turbo application for this same motor. Say, in the SHO? That would definitely make me think about trading up.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Our engine is an example of a method automakers have a tendency to do, and have been forever.
It is a transitional engine. Take a tried, existing engine framework, retrofit some new technologies and use it as a pilot for growing concepts. It is like they use to do with the small block v8s. Stroke them for more power for a few years of use until the all new engine is unveiled.

Well, here is the new engine.
2013 SHO PP

mval

i agree with you ih but 600hp, for all the new tech bpd & 4dr got more than that out our 3.5. surely they could have done better. great looking & sounding GT though, love the color.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Scott13SHO

Quote from: mval on January 13, 2015, 09:44:53 PM
i agree with you ih but 600hp, for all the new tech bpd & 4dr got more than that out our 3.5. surely they could have done better. great looking & sounding GT though, love the color.

oh for FFS...in all seriousness those guys are running engines that wouldn't meet Ford's durability requirements..and Ford said AT LEAST 600 HP...I'm sure that this will put out more power then the 5.8 Supercharged V8 in the last gen GT500.

Then lets not forget lets see what the tuners or Ford themselves can do with it. I'm sure there lots left there to bring to the table powerwise
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

panther427

Wasn't the hell cat promised with 600 plus HP.  And look where it ended up.   This far out of productions they don't wanna release any solid numbers even if they had them.
2013 SHO