• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

The Taurus made it into a car article! (Not in a good way)

Started by jtoddk98, November 14, 2014, 02:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Well, I really don't see what's so bad about the 2010 Taurus redesign that it made the top 10 worst. Here's the article http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/13/cars-worst-car-redesigns/18980109/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

Well, it IS a rather large target :)  But notice, no mention of Sync/MFT, etc. which is usually the main gripe with Ford vehicles of this time period.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

I consider it rather average by appearance. But it is a simple design, with simple lines. And it is along side some autos in that list which contrast the Taurus' simplicity quite a bit. Now, for the interior, I can't offer much defense.  The car is gargantuan and rather cramped on its interior. It's senseless. That's probably my biggest complaint about the Taurus.

But, I was willing to see past these quirks because Ecoboost.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

alpine_jake

Its a bit heavy but i think they're great cars. Tons of fun to drive and some of the best cabin tech around. Not to mention it's a great car for the winter with the all wheel drive.
2010 Non-pp pearl white, Torrie tuned, 3Bar, Dyno Max mufflers and polished 4"tips, 170 Thermo, slotted and drilled black rotors, ceramic pads, silver calipers, tinted tails, .030 NGK

Airbornemaikai

2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

ZSHO

With over twenty years of driving the taurus police cars are the best darn looking ever,Ford outlasted Chevy and especially Dodge on vehicles used for law enforcement for reliability,that has to be a plus.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

vernonator

Quote from: SHOdded on November 15, 2014, 08:40:35 AM
Media don't love it if it ain't whizbang ...

Let me rephrase that - Media don't love it if they didn't take the bailout......
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.