• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another wheel/tire fitment question...

Started by 11BLKFX4EB, November 02, 2014, 08:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on November 12, 2014, 06:09:48 PM
So now that my TPMS light is on,  how do I fix that? They have the sensors in them.  How do I get the computer to recognize them? Thx
SHOdded mentioned something earlier about a 10-20 minute highway drive was needed to reset these.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

11BLKFX4EB

Quote from: SHOnUup on November 12, 2014, 07:36:07 PM
Quote from: 11BLKFX4EB on November 12, 2014, 06:09:48 PM
So now that my TPMS light is on,  how do I fix that? They have the sensors in them.  How do I get the computer to recognize them? Thx
SHOdded mentioned something earlier about a 10-20 minute highway drive was needed to reset these.

Rich
The 20 mile got the light to come on. Showing Tpm fault. Also,  anyway to get my speedo corrected? Does Torrie have to do it?  Thx
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

SHOdded

You can either get a tool off EBay to train the sensors, or go to a tire shop/dealer to have it set for you.  Speedo correction can definitely be done at the dealer, and pretty sure Torrie can set it also, but best to ask him directly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

11BLKFX4EB

Went to dealer. They were going to train them for free. They couldn't do it because the sensors aren't Ford brand. The guy I bought them from had them in his Genesis.  Do I need to buy ford sensors to make this work? Such a pain in the ass
2014 SHO w/ PP Platinum White
Unleashed tuned, H&R Springs, 35% tint, Corsa catback coming...

2015 Explorer Sport Magnetic Metallic-stock...for now.

CroR1

If you have a discount tire shop near by, go to them and they will program it for free. All the OEM sensors you can program on you re own, no need for to ol.

SHOdded

Not sure on non-Ford-specific sensors.  They at least have to be on the same frequency (433 MHz?) to work.  Also these sensors have internal batteries that give out after 5-8 years.  How old are the ones you got?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!