• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Winter blend gas and E/85

Started by SHOnUup, October 12, 2014, 10:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Yeah I took a quick look, looks like his standard config file.

Rail pressure looks pretty strong?

glock-coma

Quote from: SHOdded on November 05, 2015, 05:35:52 PM
FRrP's in the logs, so not sure what he's referring to ...
didnt look at the log only assumed rear pressure wasn't there.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

f8tlSHO

Here is what he said
Build a new configuration file. That one is causing certain pids to read incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on November 05, 2015, 07:56:43 PM
Here is what he said
Build a new configuration file. That one is causing certain pids to read incorrectly.

Sent from my iPhone
You have mail!

f8tlSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 05, 2015, 08:09:12 PM
Quote from: f8tlSHO on November 05, 2015, 07:56:43 PM
Here is what he said

Sent from my iPhone
You have mail!
sweet thanks man!! I have to load that to my x4 correct?

Sent from my iPhone
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.

FoMoCoSHO

You really need to log with your laptop using the X4 as a pass thru.

I started the same way trying to use the handheld only but it just doesn't have the processing power to handle the data requirements of a 35 pid config file.

The data and resulting tune updates will be better and by using the pid limited handheld alone you will hit the power wall much faster because Torrie won't have all the necessary data to crank it up safely.

The learning curve seems steep at first but once you get the hang of it, its pretty simple. Livelink is actually a pretty powerful tool. I'm always willing to text, email. or even jump on the phone with you to walk you through it if necessary.

glock-coma

FoMoCoSHO knows his way around date logging with the x4.  He's helped me several times.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on November 05, 2015, 09:50:14 PM
FoMoCoSHO knows his way around date logging with the x4.  He's helped me several times.

I'm getting there but I must give credit where its due. AJPturbo has been a huge help to me, not only enhancing my interaction with the device and software but especially with reading and understanding logs and showing me different ways of looking at the data.

f8tlSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 05, 2015, 09:13:33 PM

I started the same way trying to use the handheld only but it just doesn't have the processing power to handle the data requirements of a 35 pid config file.

The data and resulting tune updates will be better and by using the pid limited handheld alone you will hit the power wall much faster because Torrie won't have all the necessary data to crank it up safely.

The learning curve seems steep at first but once you get the hang of it, its pretty simple. Livelink is actually a pretty powerful tool. I'm always willing to text, email. or even jump on the phone with you to walk you through it if necessary.

ok got the new config file, used my laptop instead of just the tuner. i just found out you could log through the computer with better results yesterday. Thanks for your help,this log looks good to me fuel pressure wise, didnt look at the kr readings though. this log was with about an e18 mixture. i put the corn in about 4 pm today, so i dont know if the car realizes the fuel is even different yet. i am familiar with most of the tuning stuff, i have a 93 mustang gt i use the same laptop for with a moates quarterhorse and binary editor. i still have someone do the actual tuning but i ask alot of questions because i like to have some idea of what is going on.

ZSHO

Its all about lending a helping hand when its needed the most,great stuff FoMoCoSHO.  Z     :clap2: :clap2:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: f8tlSHO on November 05, 2015, 10:07:33 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on November 05, 2015, 09:13:33 PM

ok got the new config file, used my laptop instead of just the tuner. i just found out you could log through the computer with better results yesterday. Thanks for your help,this log looks good to me fuel pressure wise, didnt look at the kr readings though. this log was with about an e18 mixture. i put the corn in about 4 pm today, so i dont know if the car realizes the fuel is even different yet. i am familiar with most of the tuning stuff, i have a 93 mustang gt i use the same laptop for with a moates quarterhorse and binary editor. i still have someone do the actual tuning but i ask alot of questions because i like to have some idea of what is going on.
When you are logging, I'd try to find a nice highway on ramp you can go WOT 1st -3rd or as fast as your stomach can tolerate. I typically go after 9 when the light traffic makes getting a clear stretch more probable. Your log showed a little knock spike but it looked to me like lift knock which seems to be a somewhat common occurrence.  Right before it starts it looks like you romped it, let off and got right back on it for a brief time and lifted completely where the 2.75 spike occurred. I've seen that before when making fast transitions between WOT and decel fuel cutoff back into WOT.

Fuel looks good.

Glad you got it figured out and got Torrie some usable data.

Since I don't drive a lot currently I usually drive a day or 2 monitoring with Torque before I pull another log so the adaptives can do their thing.

I have a tiny bit of lift knock and my tranny is giving me some false KR on WOT downshifts I need to get resolved.

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on November 05, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
Its all about lending a helping hand when its needed the most,great stuff FoMoCoSHO.  Z     :clap2: :clap2:
X2 :thumb:

Easiest thing to try may be a softer downshift, FoMoCo?  You are running Amsoil in the trans already, right?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 06, 2015, 04:32:05 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 05, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
X2 :thumb:

Easiest thing to try may be a softer downshift, FoMoCo?  You are running Amsoil in the trans already, right?
Yes and yes. I'm not sure softer is the exact answer, just a different pressure. It has already been adjusted and its much better. But not gone.

SHOnUup

I'm getting mysterious lift KR on my new race tune also...I'm thinking it has something to do with the extra fueling to accommodate the more power coming to an abrupt halt than the trans...but I could be wrong...Seeing lift KR from 2.5 - 3.8

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

f8tlSHO

Well I have an hour long drive to the track so maybe my adaptives can adapt by the time I get there. I am going to take my laptop and log the runs

Sent from my iPhone