• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 SHO. Detonation... maybe

Started by RagingPenguin, September 04, 2014, 12:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RagingPenguin

SHOdded

I was looking around the 'net and found this short blurb on how wideband sensors work:
http://www.koiautoparts.com/professionals/articles/032811_wideband_02_sensors.pdf

Need to dig up info on the Ford-OEM WB sensor reference voltages.  But from my understanding, the lower the voltage compared to the reference voltage the PCM sends, the richer the A/F mix, and vice versa.  Conventional O2 sensors usually range 0.1 to 0.9V, with 0.45V or so being stoich.

The intake manifold pressure is likely "absolute" pressure, and you would subtract 14.7 to get vacuum/boost pressure.  That still would mean your SHO is hitting 15 psi or so of max boost.  Seems a bit high for a stock tune, and esp so with a 2 bar MAP.  A 3 bar MAP would give you more accurate data at that boost level, but then you'd need a tune to go with.

Are you using Torque, or Torque Pro?  Strange it would not give you a PID for Bank 2 Sensor 1 O2.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RagingPenguin

Using torque pro but haven't read to many good things about it. Almost wonder if a proper tune would help car out. Have tracked down a few dyno shops and hoping to visit them in the new year. See what they think of the sound/ benchmark car.

SHOdded

There are a couple of known issues with the fuel system, including fuel injector & HPFP lines.  Fuel injector issues are turning out to be more common than thought.  Don't know if that helps any, hope it does.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RagingPenguin

Was there with them today. They are very positive that is a pressure wave in fuel system. Actually heard it through the floor behind me on passenger side. What makes mine strange is the volume of it. They had also suggested, not directly but that tuning it could possibly help reduce the sound. Syncing pump up better etc.
Met the tech who played with it also and also mentioned that there's no sign of detonation.
Fuel supply line is the one making all the noise. I'm not exactly certain what to do from here. Car is otherwise running fine. I'm tempted to just run it till it blows, if it does.

CroR1

can you get them to extend the warranty, probably a long shot, but at least to assure you that they think the problem is what they think it is and that it will not cause an issue.

RagingPenguin

I can but with the intentions of tuning the car I feel it would be more productive to set 4000$ aside myself if the need arose.
Should clarify that, I can purchase extended warranty but anything beyond that I'm on my own. They did say if the car suffered a catastrophic failure due to something they missed they would do all that they can to help me out. Imagine some cost splitting.