July 04, 2020, 11:19:39 AM
collapse
collapse

Author Topic: "How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves  (Read 742162 times)

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1935
  • -Received: 4069
  • Trap Speed of almost 116 mph.
@Colorado-SHOBro have a couple of the K&N vent Filter's in good condition just collecting dust LMK if you want them. BTW For free of course.  Z  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:01:04 PM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline MiWiAu

• Elite Member
  • Milwaukee
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 297
  • -Received: 400
  • EcoBoobster
"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »
@Colorado-SHOBro have a couple of the K&N Filter in good condition just collecting dust LMK if you want them. BTW For free of course.  Z  :)

If he doesn't want them, I'll buy them off you. I'm curious more than anything. I wouldn't mind muting mine slightly.

My cabin is pretty quiet, so I'm sure they're pretty loud outside, since I have NO problem hearing them inside with the windows up. Haha

Keep us posted on sound effects, Nutz, if you take Z up on his offer! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Offline Colorado-SHOBro

• Elite Member
  • Denver, CO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Received: 312
honestly i'd probably only want the one as i only have one BOV VTA so more than down to split them with MiWiAu.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You
Colorado-SHOBro & MiWiAu will have the items shipped out tomorrow via usps and got you covered,enjoy the filters and keep us updated.  Z :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:05:01 PM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline MiWiAu

• Elite Member
  • Milwaukee
  • Thank You
  • EcoBoobster
"How-To" SHO and Flex convert to vent to atmosphere with factory blow off valves
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
Colorado-SHOBro & MiWiAu will have the items shipped out tomorrow via usps and got you covered,enjoy the filters and keep us updated.  Z :)

PM sent, thanks!!!

I got another red one on order from Amazon, so I can update on sound changes ASAP! :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:18:53 PM by MiWiAu »
2013 XSport

Offline Colorado-SHOBro

• Elite Member
  • Denver, CO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Received: 312
this classy gentleman . . since you won't accept any payment i'm wishing you 100 good karma points for your generosity. may they be redeemed when you need them most.

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

Offline MiWiAu

• Elite Member
  • Milwaukee
  • Thank You
  • EcoBoobster
this classy gentleman . . since you won't accept any payment i'm wishing you 100 good karma points for your generosity. may they be redeemed when you need them most.

+1000. If your email ever leaks I'm sending you some bitcoins. :) In the meantime, please accept an additional 100 karma points!

2013 XSport

Offline SHOdded

• Forum Supporters
  • Elite Member
  • Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13013
  • -Received: 4215
Aw, you two are so sweet :P
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You

PM sent, thanks!!!

I got another red one on order from Amazon, so I can update on sound changes ASAP! :)

FYI ordered mine back on 3/14 and could not specify the color of choice, so one came red and one gray so ended up installing the gray one in the back/rear. Z
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:17:06 AM by ZSHO »

Offline MiWiAu

• Elite Member
  • Milwaukee
  • Thank You
  • EcoBoobster

PM sent, thanks!!!

FYI ordered mine back on 3/14 and could not specify the color of choice, so one came red and one gray so ended up installing the gray one in the back. Z

No worries. I'll use whatever shoes up. :)

2013 XSport

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You
FWIW ended up using a K&N vent filter a while back which worked quite well in not letting dirt build up accumulate inside the BOV. Z
K&N 62-1370  21.99
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00029WXTA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
did it change the sound at all? wouldn't mind something to quiet mine down a bit.

AFAIK only having the one BOV VTA contributes to more pressure directed/aimed towards the front of the vehicle which explains why its louder IMO.just my 2 cent.  Z
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:22:04 AM by ZSHO »

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You
@MiWiAu. BTW didn't charge you extra for the BMW clamp.LMAO. Enjoy my friend and its always my pleasure to help out. Z
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:52:34 AM by ZSHO »

Offline MiWiAu

• Elite Member
  • Milwaukee
  • Thank You
  • EcoBoobster
@MiWiAu. BTW didn't charge you extra for the BMW clamp.LMAO. Enjoy my friend andits always my pleasure.  Z

LOL, thanks, Z!!

2013 XSport

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • New York SHO
  • Thank You
Lets get back on Topic and enough of the Mr Nice guy and need to remind the Newb's to setup an intro and all,etc.lol. Z  :P
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:12:55 PM by ZSHO »

Offline SHOdded

• Forum Supporters
  • Elite Member
  • Beltsville, MD
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13013
  • -Received: 4215
Discussion on using the breather filters with the BOV mod is continued here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7486

and renamed to
"How-To" Using Breather Filters with BOV VTA Mod
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:39:56 AM by SHOdded »
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

* Recent Topics

Re: New Moderator
by ZSHO | Today at 08:05:01 AM
Congrats E!  I have not been active much but Great to see others ...
Re: New member Omaha, Nebraska
by FearlessAZ | Today at 04:50:17 AM
Welcome to the forum!Love that color. Was that a factory color or some...
Re: Finally bought an XDI35 HPFP
by bamsho | July 03, 2020, 10:42:00 PM
Here is a comparison slips.  There is an 20 degree ambient temp d...
Re: Ride of The Month - July 2020!!
by Dannymack | July 03, 2020, 06:29:59 PM
Going for round #2.2013 MKSAJP E30Godspeed SpringsBunch of Aesthetic M...
Forum Stickers
by StealBlueSho | July 02, 2020, 01:47:07 PM
EBPF Family..Anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for ...
Re: B1086- Air Distribution Damper Motor - Panel/floor/defrost not working
by Gjkrisa | July 02, 2020, 01:19:45 PM
New panel worked think I cracked part of the new facia trying to take ...
Re: DannyMack 13 MKS "Old Man" Build and Maintenance Thread
by Dannymack | July 02, 2020, 01:17:24 PM
Quick update. Been enjoying the car in its current form for a couple m...
Re: Help! Removal of Rear Turbo
by 802SHO | July 02, 2020, 12:18:51 PM
Thanks to you guys for all the tips. I wasn't sure about the knuc...
Re: 2015 Ford Explorer Sport - AC Compressor Not Starting
by lotusnotes | July 02, 2020, 12:07:40 PM
So I figured this out - whoever mounted the light bar on this truck be...
Re: TASCA=Fail....
by nickstewartroc | July 02, 2020, 12:01:03 PM
I usually use tasca to look up part numbers.  And then go to my l...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal