• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First time ever behind the wheel at the drag strip

Started by donky4444, May 24, 2014, 07:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

So Snaf2u finally convinced me to meet him at US 131 dragway last night. It was a fast learning experience and my reaction times were getting better each run. First run was against Snaf2u, which is the slip with both time, and he won. Second run was against an SRT 8 Challenger with at least an intake and he ran a 12.8 with the win. Third run was against a late 60's Mustang, not sure of mods but nothing super crazy, he got me off the line and pulled a little over a car length but I was able to real him in by the end for the win. He ran a 13.70. I didn't let the car cool down much between runs since I really wanted to get home and help put my son to bed. 3 runs in about an hour and a half. Temp was 65* with 51% humidity and a 10mph wind out of the NW, we run due North. The SHO sure is consistent is one thing for sure. Here are the time slips.

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

EcoPowerParts

Here's the trick: 1, 2 go
Just watch the lights and get the cadence of the lights. Shallow stage and keep working on the timing of 1, 2, go
If you get it down you'll be on it every time.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

snaf2u

Donky4444 did really well for the first time out. I got a little ahead on our run but pulled very little more on the big end. I only had a 3 mph on him.  I know he really enjoyed the time behind the wheel and will be back.

I find if I go when I first sense the last yellow coming on I red light by about .04. I need to see the light but frankly I have been more interested in getting the best runs rather than working on reaction. That will come. I ran 4 runs from 13.04 to 13.01 at 104 to 107 mph. I`ll add the slips a little later.
2013 SHO red w/PP. Stock with Livernois stage 4 tune using the 93 octane new revision tune. Best of 12.79 @ 106 on 5-01-15 at US131 dragway, Martin, Michigan.