• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTO Issues?

Started by Scott13SHO, May 04, 2014, 06:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott13SHO

Seems like older Ford products (pre-2010?) with AWD have had issues with the PTO on the AWD system...has anyone had any issues with their SHO or MKS Ecoboost PTO's?

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

glock-coma

I think a lot of the problems of the pre 2010 ptu's were worked out. A few of the post 2010 ptu problems were fluid leaking from the vent tube and output shaft seal leakage on the passenger side CV axle. Both of which were corrected by tsb's

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

crash712us

There have been issues with PTU, mainly due to no maintenance as per ford says doesn't require any. The oil cooks and turns to sludge.  I have yet to hear of anyone have failure with PTU on 2013+ PP car as the PTU has oil to water cooler on it. I also haven't heard how the oil is holding up in the PP cars either, there is suppose to be a few member changing there oil soon.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

geswek

I'm changing mine in like 3 weeks; have a black lab bottle that I haven't used -- I could probably have them fill it up and take photos of it; maybe get a strainer too as well.

crash712us

Storm yours should be a good test subject, cause we all you flog your car regularly. ;)

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SoCalSHO

Yep, my PTU was replaced, around 55k miles. No maintenance done since new. Few dozen 1/8 mile runs. But since it was replaced, i have not run it on the track. Just noticed that it looks and smell to be leaking again. Unless the repairs are faulty, the only difference on mine is a tune. So who knows, maybe the tune raises pressures in the trans, transferring to the PTU. I don't know. Just what I think.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

geswek

Quote from: crash712us on May 04, 2014, 09:18:17 PM
Storm yours should be a good test subject, cause we all you flog your car regularly. ;)

I definitely do that! Who knows what I'm breaking inside doing 12.5's in 1/4. LOL

I'm pretty confident I'm black listed with Ford on warranty so if I blow it up that's in my pocket; oh well.

Scott13SHO

Maybe if you get a sample you can get it tested some place too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

geswek

I can send it to Blacklab

Sent from my mobile, I think.