• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any regrets with your purchase?

Started by PokerMunkee, February 15, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Just remember though, if you want to go the fastest in an SHO, make sure to get the Performance Package.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

BiGMaC

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on February 19, 2014, 12:45:41 PM
Just remember though, if you want to go the fastest in an SHO, make sure to get the Performance Package.

Actually, while I don't want to start this discussion again, I chose non-PP because I wanted adaptive cruise control (not available on the PP model) and the stock difference in performance was nothing a tune and a few mods wouldn't equalize... crash's SHO is non-PP, modded, and I believe the fastest show recorded and if it is in the top 3

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

I don't care about the final drive, different pads, and whatever else...

What I think should sell the PP is the cooling upgrades. Especially seeing as the ridiculously limited quantity of oil in the PTU seems to overheat near continuously.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

BBOX

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 18, 2014, 05:36:15 PM
Here are some 2013's I'm finding for around $30K.  Found a couple under $30K that had "minor damage" reported under CarFax.

(I took out the list of cars or this would be a huge quote)

That silver one is an amazing deal, I would be all up on that. The black one is too much mileage in such a short period of time for my taste, my 2010 has only about 1500 more miles on it than that one, but that's just kind of personal preference. The middle one in the list appears to already be gone so I can't comment too much on it.

Joleat

At 27, I don't feel too young to drive a Lincoln. I love my 2011 MKS with the EcoBoost Appearance Package. I did have a couple of minor issues when I first bought it, but they were covered by the warranty. They are also known problems, so there is a chance that they may have already been addressed if you buy used or buy a 2012+ car. For a car of its size, a SHO/MKS can moooooove!
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

MeanKS

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on February 19, 2014, 09:00:32 AM
The non-folding rear seat was a real deal breaker for me. I would have went with the MKS if that was part of the options.

it is a sacrifice, but the MKS was worth it IMO.
MKS-EB...

Brucelinc

I ordered my MKS in the Summer of 2009 and at that time, my dealer was not discounting the SHO nearly as much as the MKS ecoboost.  There was not much difference in the final pricing.  I had a Lincoln LS with charcoal interior and wanted a lighter color interior and no light color choice was available with the SHO. 

The MKS suspension is not tuned quite a sporty as the SHO, either - even the SHO without the PP.  That can be a positive or a negative depending upon your tastes.  Here in the frozen tundra of Minneapolis where streets are full of potholes, frost heaves and assorted road kill, I prefer a little softer suspension.

PokerMunkee

Just not many 2013 SHO/MKS's around me for around $30K.  I'll just have to be patient or buy a one way ticket once my lease is near the end.

Thanks all :D
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

yowen

Quote from: BBOX on February 19, 2014, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 18, 2014, 05:36:15 PM
Here are some 2013's I'm finding for around $30K.  Found a couple under $30K that had "minor damage" reported under CarFax.

(I took out the list of cars or this would be a huge quote)

That silver one is an amazing deal, I would be all up on that. The black one is too much mileage in such a short period of time for my taste, my 2010 has only about 1500 more miles on it than that one, but that's just kind of personal preference. The middle one in the list appears to already be gone so I can't comment too much on it.

I wouldn't necessarily mind a lot of mileage in a short timeframe, because that means it likely didn't see a lot of city driving.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

PokerMunkee

lol, love the $hit talking!

How do the steering wheel buttons work for presets and channel surfing in satellite radio?

I read some review that it was a two button operation to go through presets?

2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 21, 2014, 09:57:37 AM
How do the steering wheel buttons work for presets and channel surfing in satellite radio?
I read some review that it was a two button operation to go through presets?
On my '13 SHO, within the band you have currently selected, the 6 presets toggle by pressing the search button on the right side of the steering wheel upward.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

PokerMunkee

Can't find any fully loaded '13 Deep Impact Blue SHOs.  Must not be many of them made.  Do you guys like this color in person?  Looks good in videos/pictures.
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on February 21, 2014, 12:47:31 PM
Can't find any fully loaded '13 Deep Impact Blue SHOs.  Must not be many of them made.  Do you guys like this color in person?  Looks good in videos/pictures.

The color really pops.  I think you're right, that like Kona blue not many produced... '13 SHO build numbers should be available in March.

thatsmrgimp2u

I am not seeing the pp with much an advantage. I raced a 13 pp with more work than me that was turning 12.84 to my 12.91. He has some exhaust work and the livernois stage whatever the hell + 93 fancy blah blah and I have stock exhaust with torries 93 tune. This was also my first visit to the track... And I have about 30k miles over him as well...

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

thatsmrgimp2u

Oh and he has summer tires and I am on all seasons.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107