• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO factory blow off valve VTA video

Started by SHOmanMike84, February 06, 2014, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOmanMike84

Took a quick little vid of the blow off valve in action last night.

http://youtu.be/OxRuQEe-6c0

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

DJE624

I just took a little ride last night.  Hope to hear it on the way to work tonight.  Then, I have a ride out to Busyman's tomorrow.  Thanks for the video. 

QwikSHO

Man, I need to get a K&N intake.   I can't hear my spoolup with my Airaid.

SwampRat

2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

geswek

I hear my spool up perfectly with my Airaid and Corsa--it's even cooler in a parking garage incline haha; you hear it "WHIIIIIINNNNEEEE PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!"

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on February 06, 2014, 07:30:39 PM
I hear my spool up perfectly with my Airaid and Corsa--it's even cooler in a parking garage incline haha; you hear it "WHIIIIIINNNNEEEE PSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!"

:thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

These are sounds I didn't think I'd miss.

But, damnit I do...

May need a little Typhoon action in my life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

68_GT

sounds nice ! I'm still too paranoid to loose any performance by adding a Typhoon.

has anybody really discussed, or revisited that issue ? what do you guys think ? noticeable ? worth the loss for the added sound ? etc... ??
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

DJE624

I'll have my Typhoon at the track in April.  However, my tune will be modified heavily (tweak, dp's, tstat and 3 bar) since I got my 13.006 with the stock air box so it won't be a very good comparison.  We need somebody to run stock airbox vs. Typhoon/Air Raid.  If I'm not too lazy, I might try a couple runs with each under identical circumstances.

To those who can hear their turbos spool up, is it that kind of crackling swoosh I hear around 1500-1800 rpms under acceleration or is my intake diverter vibrating?

geswek

The airbox is worthless at the track--I don't run one. Soon as I cross the gate I take my filter off and throw it in the trunk.

You're not going to really gain/lose anything to be honest--it's all sound. Yes you can "suck" more air in with Airaid or K&N because it's basically open.

The one thing that's for certain is you do get some higher IAT's with K&N and Airaid because they are not fully sealed like factory box.

Mike Bambic ran his Flex with both stock and Airaid; only saw like a tenth of a second.

I pondered going back to stock myself but I do like the under hood look when I'm at shows.

QwikSHO

I love the sound of my stock BOVs, but I miss the sound of my Greddy Type S I had on my SRT-4 and my Evo...lol   It was so ricer, but it was awesome

SHOmanMike84

I know there's a few guys that upgraded their pipes and have the Tial BV. Would love to hear that combo!!!!

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

68_GT

Quote from: geswek on February 07, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

I pondered going back to stock myself but I do like the under hood look when I'm at shows.

too loud ?
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

geswek

Quote from: 68_GT on February 07, 2014, 10:28:35 PM
too loud ?

Huh? Too loud? Nah I love my intake--was going to go back to stock box so save the IAT soaking; but then I lose the epicness of an Airaid intake look.

If you're referring to BOV's; that won't ever change.