• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

XV1 requiring meth

Started by staged_sho, January 13, 2014, 04:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on January 19, 2014, 11:58:30 PM
why don't they simply address the problem that goes along with the XV1 ? Fuel delivery ?

different fuel pumps, boost-a-pump etc ???

seems like a simple solution as a requiremment to run the XV1.

I already wonder if my SHO would benefit from a boost-a-pump with a stage 4 LMS tune in.

Sometimes it feels like its running out of gas. It gets stuck at 5K rpms and want accelerate past that rpm and almost feels like a rev limiter. Also sometimes it hesitates that I thoguht was spark blow out but I regapped my plugs to .28 and it's the same. Mainly happens on downshifts to 2nd.

I can't answer it for the XV1, but above 500WHP, with one of Torrie's (Unleashed) SCT tunes, 4DR began to have trouble with fuel delivery and fuel rail pressure (there's another pump near the manifold for this per Dan at LMS... limited to 2000psi) that caused the ECM to shut him down to prevent too lean a mixture when he went to E85. 4DR developed a fuel delivery system with an extra pump, new injectors, and a few other changes.  He was running it on his 600+WHP Flex and showed it to me over at Black Market Racing a couple of weeks ago. It's not too complicated, and he posted the details here somewhere... I think in the fueling thread...  He can reproduce it for about $2800 as I remember.  Bottom line... you're right, it's a hardware problem at some point depending on tune, mods, and fuel. Putting it on should not be difficult, but you may need to data log (and use an SCT tune) or visit LMS to have your ride tuned with it to get it to work right.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

68_GT

a simple boost a pump, larger 60# fuel injectors, and larger Cobra pumps gave my 2000 Mustang 708 RWHP.

unbelieveable how compliacated these cars are to modify !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

SHOdded

Yeah, only going to get worse, with ever-restrictive safety & mpg regs.  Doesn't help that the Taurus is classified as a family sedan and the SHO is probably already considered a rocket in that context.  Plus there's a question of sales volume. 

Just out of curiousity, what were the OEM specs on your 2000 Mustang, and how did your mods affect fuel economy & streetability?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

The key is
Quote from: 68_GT on January 20, 2014, 12:11:41 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 20, 2014, 12:05:14 AM
why don't they simply address the problem that goes along with the XV1 ? Fuel delivery ?

I already wonder if my SHO would benefit from a boost-a-pump with a stage 4 LMS tune in.

Sometimes it feels like its running out of gas. It gets stuck at 5K rpms and want accelerate past that rpm and almost feels like a rev limiter. Also sometimes it hesitates that I thoguht was spark blow out but I regapped my plugs to .28 and it's the same. Mainly happens on downshifts to 2nd.
Boost a pump won't do much as the pressure is set at 50 psi, doing a return system and upping the pressure makes a huge difference. :)
I have a solution, working on plug and play.

how does one do that and how to get the benefit ? how do you up the pressure ? are you saying this is something you are working on for yourself, and the EB community ?

modding these cars can be frustrating..... I guess it's an ecoboost thing thanks to Ford making it so difficult !
Return style fuel system with a boost referenced FPR.
No need for the aux injectors and controller, it can be connected to the factory DI setup and fuel up to around 600HP on gas.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

68_GT

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 20, 2014, 08:26:28 AM
The key is
Quote from: 68_GT on January 20, 2014, 12:11:41 AM
Quote from: 4DRHTRD on January 20, 2014, 12:05:14 AM

Boost a pump won't do much as the pressure is set at 50 psi, doing a return system and upping the pressure makes a huge difference. :)
I have a solution, working on plug and play.

how does one do that and how to get the benefit ? how do you up the pressure ? are you saying this is something you are working on for yourself, and the EB community ?

modding these cars can be frustrating..... I guess it's an ecoboost thing thanks to Ford making it so difficult !
Return style fuel system with a boost referenced FPR.
No need for the aux injectors and controller, it can be connected to the factory DI setup and fuel up to around 600HP on gas.

nice next question how to get to 600 HP ? simple as upgrading turbos and fuel delivery

Quote from: SHOdded on January 20, 2014, 03:42:04 AM
Just out of curiousity, what were the OEM specs on your 2000 Mustang, and how did your mods affect fuel economy & streetability?

yeah fuel economy was pretty bad mainly if you put your foot in it a lot that power requires a lot of fuel ! However it wasn't too terrible if I drove it slowly becasue the engine / heads and everything was so efficient. It had 355 gears to help with traction so the highway rpms wasn't too high even with a TKO trnasmission with no 5th overdrive ratio. Streetability was fine you just have to be carefull getting sideways at 70mph isn't for the faint of heart lol I later took off the Novi 2000 that made higer peak hp and put on a Kenne Bell twin screw that had less peak power but lot more under the curve. 580 RWTQ at 2,200 rpmw is a blast....with 315 drag radials :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

EcoPowerParts

Exhaust and turbos with fuel.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

68_GT

we need a thread with what modifications are needed for the different desired / possible power levels with which modifications to do first for max gain / benefits etc...

curious as to how well my drivetrain will hold up to 500 - 600 whp also.

Fast SHO

Why wouldn't a boost a pump work?  Can the injectors not be changed on on DI?
2014 SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Fast SHO on January 20, 2014, 12:57:48 PM
Why wouldn't a boost a pump work?  Can the injectors not be changed on on DI?
You're only adding voltage to maintain 50 psi. Yes it will help a little bit, Ecobrick Bob tested it and found it a small benefit.
There are injectors coming out but I didn't have a problem with them at 500HP on my car spraying E48.

Quote from: 68_GT on January 20, 2014, 11:59:09 AM
we need a thread with what modifications are needed for the different desired / possible power levels with which modifications to do first for max gain / benefits etc...

curious as to how well my drivetrain will hold up to 500 - 600 whp also.
I am hoping the SHO can handle the additional torque better than the SHO.
I used to have a 96 Impala SS that ate trannies like skittles, I went to all the best tranny guys all over the country for the 4L60E that had built 9 second capable trannies for camaros, corvettes etc. The key we found was the torque + the additional weight of the vehicle that was killing the transmission. Drop 1K pounds and the tranny lived. There's an 800lb difference between a SHO and a Flex, really hoping that makes the tranny live longer until somebody comes out with a rebuild kit.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Fast SHO

Should be enough of a benefit to fix the problems with the XV1 and the stage 4 plus, and relatively cheap.

And what about injectors?  Can those not be swapped?
2014 SHO PP

crash712us

At this time there is no larger injectors, however at SEMA there is a company that is developing injectors and DI pump.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110