• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

15mins of fame

Started by crash712us, December 22, 2013, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

15mins of fame, well thats how the old adage goes any way. Last week was out in California on vacation, and we had just left Universal Studios and where walking down the street in Universal City and was approach by a man that identified himself as a produce for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He asked where we where from and what we did, and I guess from us all being from out of town had its appeal to him. He said great! and ask us if we wanted to be on the show that they where getting ready to film a episode of Jay Walking. So of course I could not pass up the opportunity and said yes as well did my brother.

So if you want to see your fellow forum member make a fool of himself, I was told it will air January 9th.

My wife,daughter,Jay and myself.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

2Canches

DJE624

That's really cool!  Maybe you'll get "discovered"!

FracaSHO

Did you ask Jay of he had an SHO in one of his warehouses full of cars?  That's awesome.  Hopefully you got some of the questions right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

bpd1151

Yea, that is pretty cool.....

I wonder if Jay autographed the hood of your SHO, how much it would've increased in value?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

FracaSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on December 22, 2013, 02:56:42 PM
Yea, that is pretty cool.....

I wonder if Jay autographed the hood of your SHO, how much it would've increased in value?

That would be awesome.

I don't know about you, but having Jay Leno show me his car collection is on my bucket list. What's so cool about Jay is that he likes to get his hands dirty and actually work on his cars.

Respect!!!

Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

navbtcret

2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

Way cool... whoda thunk!... 19th is on my calendar!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoBrick Bob

WOW!

So what questions did you answer wrong??? LOL!!!!

Be sure and remind us all again before it airs.  Will definitely watch!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BlueSHO

That's very cool..

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

QuickSilver

Quote from: FracaSHO on December 22, 2013, 02:54:35 PM
Did you ask Jay of he had an SHO in one of his warehouses full of cars?  That's awesome.  Hopefully you got some of the questions right.

Funny you should ask, I know for  a fact he has a SHO, he has had it for years. It's a SHO-Gun
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

BiGMaC

Quote from: QuickSilver on December 22, 2013, 05:21:33 PM
Quote from: FracaSHO on December 22, 2013, 02:54:35 PM

Funny you should ask, I know for  a fact he has a SHO, he has had it for years. It's a SHO-Gun

Quicksilver....Thanks for reminding us how much can be done with so little!  A landmark car with a SHO engine.

Here's an article on his 1989 300HP Ford Festive SHOgun with NOS  for those interested.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/26/video-whos-got-a-300-horsepower-ford-festiva-shogun-jay-leno/   or
http://blogs.europeancarweb.com/6706239/economy/a-300-horsepower-nitrous-injected-ford-festiva-yep-jay-leno-has-one/

People... that's a 1989 Festiva with 0 - 60 in 4.6 seconds and doing a quarter mile in 12.9 at 100 mph! :rock:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

SHOdded

Great photo with the fam, Crash!  Leno always had a soft spot for the SHO :)  Don't know if he keeps up with the current gen, but I think he'd be pretty happy to have one of these too!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

steve142857

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 22, 2013, 03:46:50 PM
Way cool... whoda thunk!... 19th is on my calendar!
BigMac: You can put the 19th in your agenda, but if you want to see Chris, put the 9th ;)

Chris: Very nice my friend!!! At first I thought you were joking and that you made that all up and went to a wax museum lol.
Please recall us the day before to make sure we don't miss you.
Cheers and Happy Holidays to all!
Steve
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid