• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Set BDX Programmer troubleshooting

Started by SuperPete, April 06, 2020, 07:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

I have BDX plugged to my car all the time and its mounted at the top of the windshield so I can monitor needed parameters. IT's set so it comes up when I start car and goes to sleep once car is shut down.
Most of the time it works, but about 3 out of 10 times it will not wakeup and stays black screen, if i press any button it says waiting for the signal, pretty much nothing works without unplugging it and plugging it back in.

Anyone with same issue? Fix?
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SM105K

My Livewire does the same thing.  I just unplug and re plug back in.  Problem solved. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on April 07, 2020, 09:42:47 AM
Buggy sleep mode?

It could be.  I also think is has to do with how long the car sits honestly.  When I was driving it every day it didn't happen.  However, if I keep it plugged in and don't drive it for a couple of days, it has an issue of "not waking up".  I haven't done any research into it, but I am pretty sure after x amount of time it completely turns off.

90% of the time I unplug my Livewire completely if I know I am not going to drive me car for an extended period of time.   
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

Makes sense.  Thankfully never an issue with any of my OBDlink adapters, but prob good practice anyway to unplug.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on April 07, 2020, 10:30:11 AM
Makes sense.  Thankfully never an issue with any of my OBDlink adapters, but prob good practice anyway to unplug.

I started unplugging it after your recommendation.

SuperPete

My car is daily driver, I drive to work to lunch home and after work what ever, so my time of car off are between 5 min to overnight and I don't see specific pattern when it happens, sometime it happens over 10 min shut off, other times during lunch and overnight at some, so there is absolutely no pattern.
I do have to unplug, but it's annoying.
I know I am up to date on latest and greatest firmware.

Anyone else?

SuperPete

So I reached out to customer service, they offered me to send unit back for troubleshooting.
its kind of pain to undo the programmer from where its at and dig the cable out but why not.
I'll keep you updated.