• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

F150 Boost pressure feels limited

Started by Defhd10, March 01, 2020, 05:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Both codes are pointing to the wawa pedal, not the throttle body, so that's what I would check first.  Highly unusual for it to be that, but if there has been water intrusion of any kind, then it is quite possible.

P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low

Description:  This DTC sets when the accelerator pedal position 1 (APP1) is out of self-test range low. 
Possible Causes:  APP1 circuit open
APP1 circuit short to ground
Damaged APP sensor

Diagnostic Aids:  An APP1 or APP_D sensor PID reading may indicate a concern. 
Application   Key On Engine Off  Key On Engine Running  Continuous Memory 
All     GO to Pinpoint Test DK . 

P2127 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit Low

Description:  This DTC sets when the accelerator pedal position 2 (APP2) is out of self-test range low. 
Possible Causes:  APP2 circuit open
APP2 circuit short to ground
Damaged APP sensor

Diagnostic Aids:  An APP2 or APP_E sensor PID reading may indicate a concern. 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Defhd10

Quote from: SHOdded on April 09, 2020, 02:48:04 AM
Both codes are pointing to the wawa pedal, not the throttle body, so that's what I would check first.  Highly unusual for it to be that, but if there has been water intrusion of any kind, then it is quite possible.

P2122 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit Low

Description:  This DTC sets when the accelerator pedal position 1 (APP1) is out of self-test range low. 
Possible Causes:  APP1 circuit open
APP1 circuit short to ground
Damaged APP sensor

Diagnostic Aids:  An APP1 or APP_D sensor PID reading may indicate a concern. 

P2127 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit Low

Description:  This DTC sets when the accelerator pedal position 2 (APP2) is out of self-test range low. 
Possible Causes:  APP2 circuit open
APP2 circuit short to ground
Damaged APP sensor

Diagnostic Aids:  An APP2 or APP_E sensor PID reading may indicate a concern. 
Thank you!  Im going to try the pedal out of my dads truck this weekend and see if thats it.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Defhd10

Quote from: SM105K on April 09, 2020, 03:37:23 PM
I really hope this works for you.
Thanks man me too. Been doing alittle bit of reading. If its not the throttle pedal,  it could be a bad wiring harness or a bad pcm. Really hope its not either of those but i guess i will find out.

TopherSho

With the whacky OAR reading,  I am leaning to a harness issue or at the lower end of possibility a ECU causing it to adjust itself.  Have you pulled the harness off the ECU?   Z/SHOdded have seen corroded plugs before..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Defhd10

Quote from: TopherSho on April 10, 2020, 04:26:39 PM
With the whacky OAR reading,  I am leaning to a harness issue or at the lower end of possibility a ECU causing it to adjust itself.  Have you pulled the harness off the ECU?   Z/SHOdded have seen corroded plugs before..
I have pulled the 2 main harnesses off the pcm and everything looks fine there. Nothings corroded

ZSHO

There should be 3 harnesses connectors!  For reference here is good link for ya. I think you Need to provide as-built-data. Z

https://circuitboardmedics.com/ford/

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Defhd10

Quote from: ZSHO on April 11, 2020, 06:56:18 AM
There should be 3 harnesses connectors!  For reference here is good link for ya. I think you Need to provide as-built-data. Z

https://circuitboardmedics.com/ford/
Only 2 on mine unless im missing something

Defhd10

Pedal is on and codes are cleared. It does feel alot better and seems to be holding 6th alot longer before a downshift,  but im still not 100% if its fixed. Boost still looks to be the same, but i havent put my tune on to see if it increases. I want to run stock for alittle to see if codes return and if it starts acting up again.

SHOdded

Oh man!  Really hope the PCM is not bricked!  It should detect issues with the MAP sensors but ... are both identical on your F150?

Defhd10

Quote from: SHOdded on April 11, 2020, 07:24:31 PM
Oh man!  Really hope the PCM is not bricked!  It should detect issues with the MAP sensors but ... are both identical on your F150?
Both MAP sensors identical or what are you asking?  So far no more codes after switching out the pedal and it does feel somewhat better, BUT i did put my pedal in my dads truck, and his still runs perfect. So is it just in my head that mine feels better maybe. I guess i need a few more days to see what it does.

SHOdded

yeah it might be a placebo effect ...  I was wondering if both are 2.5 bar sensors or if one is 2 the other is 3 like on the SHO.  If they are identical, swap them and see if you see a change in behavior.  That kind of thing.

ZSHO

Is the wastegate hose intact based on the pic below! 
I would not give up on this truck that easily IMHO! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Yeah, I mean, you can always contact Ford Customer Service and tell them that your truck has been misbehaving since this flash update was applied.  If they have something (engineering team), they can help you right away, or call on the engineering team to look into it.  This is a big deal, and they want their F150 customer base, as far as I can tell LOL.