• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

irondoor19

Quote from: SHOdded on January 08, 2018, 02:07:10 PM
Sounds like a great deal!  What is the mfr date on the tires?

"3517" Yea I feel like a winner, However the Alignment was 147.80 (1 year Warranty)
and I am not as happy about that, however looking at the report, really Needed IT...
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

Leadfoot

Temperatures finally out of the teens and 20s, did a quick wash so I can sleep at night without hearing my car cry.  :cry1:
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Leadfoot

Thanks! It shines up pretty good for a 98K daily driver. It was killing me to leave all that salt and brine on there for two weeks.
Must have hosed about 2 pounds of rocks and cinders from the underbody and doors.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

ClearwaterSHO

H&R Springs installed!! Now, just waiting for everything to settle so I can have the alignment checked again. Love the look.. now I just need to pick out some new shoes for her.
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

FoMoCoSHO

lamrith

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on January 11, 2018, 04:44:41 PM
H&R Springs installed!! Now, just waiting for everything to settle so I can have the alignment checked again. Love the look.. now I just need to pick out some new shoes for her.
Picts or it didn't happen.
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

92BlackGT

not today but my battery finally gave out and I had to jump the car when leaving work on friday (sub zero wind chills, brrrr). I ended up getting an autocraft gold 850 cca for $118 at advance auto. i knew it was on its way out but was hoping it would last the winter, lesson learned. I think the cold is harder on batteries than the heat. When i lived in Phoenix my batteries always lasted 5+ years
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

SHOdded

Welcome to AGM, glad you got 'er done!   Batteries die in the summer, you get stranded in the winter, or so they say.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Today I ordered new Amsoil to change every fluid in the car.

SHOdded

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 16, 2018, 06:08:15 PM
No more BND?
Not this time around...

I was very happy with my BND fluids but Amsoil is less than half the cost.

i really want to compare the PTU and RDU behavior with the Amsoil, the BND fluids impacted their performance noticeably and immediately on the 15.

I will probably order some ACES for some more testing in the spring.

I need to work on my Livelink-Fu a bit but I think I can actually put together some useful WOT data and actually quantify the KR before and after ACES.

If I can't figure it out in Livelink I will export the data and try it in Excel.

I think ACES is beneficial for some, probably not all. (corn users?)

My impression with ACES is that there are less KR events but when they do happen they are a little more severe. Nothing scary or dangerous. I''m talking part throttle transient KR which is pretty normal in these cars. I don't know which is more desirable or if it matters at all. I do like the thought of top end lubrication but I wonder what effect the corn has on it. (wash out?)  Coincidentally I thought BP fuel behaved similarly.

I have been playing with some fuel additives and I want to mention I saw +7 transient PT KR running Marvel Mystery Oil in the gas tank. This happened driving in a blizzard with no aggressive throttle activity but I was in paddle mode for 2nd gear starts and engine braking. Consider also that I run straight E-85 and this is extremely unusual in my experiences.

SHOdded

Brian had mentioned that Shell V-Power w Nitro+ is kinda based on ACES, the Shell formulation being "weaker".  Also in testing the naturally aspirated 3.5, I noticed a mild mpg gain, and an additional 3-5 degrees of spark advance consistently available.

MMO, I do not like nearly as much as TC-W3.  Then again, behavior seems different in NA and forced induction engines, so ...

Macgyver

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on January 16, 2018, 05:18:18 PM
Today I ordered new Amsoil to change every fluid in the car.

Definitely running this in my: Trans. PTU. and RDU this Spring.