• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Splitter

Started by 802SHO, August 12, 2019, 07:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nova

Quote from: 802SHO on September 26, 2019, 07:15:22 PM
Easton reported the splitter template is a go so I just dropped off some sheets to get them cut.  Next will be to drop them off to get the outside edges rounded.  Shipping is still a question mark.  I'll need to get a solid number to be able to put a price on this for you guys. 

When I have them done I will ask you guys if you want the same rods I have in aluminum or carbon fiber.  Carbon fiber will be a price difference of $30.  In leau of the rods I am personally changing to the carbon fiber rods and will disassemble my bumper, chin spoiler and splitter to make a how to video to install.
Sweet!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on September 26, 2019, 07:15:22 PM
Easton reported the splitter template is a go so I just dropped off some sheets to get them cut.  Next will be to drop them off to get the outside edges rounded.  Shipping is still a question mark.  I'll need to get a solid number to be able to put a price on this for you guys. 

When I have them done I will ask you guys if you want the same rods I have in aluminum or carbon fiber.  Carbon fiber will be a price difference of $30.  In leau of the rods I am personally changing to the carbon fiber rods and will disassemble my bumper, chin spoiler and splitter to make a how to video to install.

Good times.  Everything looked good.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

6500rpm

I spoke to a work buddy that's been parting out old Mustangs for years and he said shipping cost on long parts is always expensive and suggested the possibility of making it a 2 piece. Some type of two piece set up might also buy some flexibility on the install?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

Macgyver

Quote from: 6500rpm on September 29, 2019, 04:38:54 PM
I spoke to a work buddy that's been parting out old Mustangs for years and he said shipping cost on long parts is always expensive and suggested the possibility of making it a 2 piece. Some type of two piece set up might also buy some flexibility on the install?

Hence the word Splitter. Haha

802SHO

Trust me ive thought about it. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

shoNoff

Andrew cut them in half and send a tube of super glue with every splitter.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

802SHO

Quote from: shoNoff on September 29, 2019, 11:37:18 PM
Andrew cut them in half and send a tube of super glue with every splitter.

Lol well no BS there is a chemical to make ABS bond to other pieces of ABS.  It's just another aspect of will it line back up right...be noticeable?  Would it be better to have it cut on the outside edges rather than one cut straight down the middle?  Will it hold up?  Makes me want to put a slug in the revolver and spin it, pull the trigger ...lmao
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

SHOdded

If you do spin the barrel, and are good with aim make two holes on either side of the split in the ... splitter.  Then make a brace for it.  Just a thought.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

6500rpm

Quote from: SHOdded on September 30, 2019, 11:09:55 AM
If you do spin the barrel, and are good with aim make two holes on either side of the split in the ... splitter.  Then make a brace for it.  Just a thought.
That was my thought,  center brace or center overlap with a made for application epoxy,  but even that adds expenses and may not offset shipping costs.  It's easy to QB things when it's not your project.  Good luck, it's never easy being the first.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

802SHO

Thanks for the advise guys.  Currently the guy to round the corners is in the Philippines with his family...should be back this weekend.  Still have some time to figure this out.

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on October 02, 2019, 06:08:56 AM
Thanks for the advise guys.  Currently the guy to round the corners is in the Philippines with his family...should be back this weekend.  Still have some time to figure this out.

There really isn't anything to figure out.  You should road trip starting with me and deliver the splitters.  I will BBQ, you can enjoy the 90 degree fall season, and we can terrorize the streets of Phoenix.  You could officially call it the "GAP Band Tour".  Problem solved. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 02, 2019, 08:47:38 AM

There really isn't anything to figure out.  You should road trip starting with me and deliver the splitters.  I will BBQ, you can enjoy the 90 degree fall season, and we can terrorize the streets of Phoenix.  You could officially call it the "GAP Band Tour".  Problem solved.

Lol sounds like fun.  Terrorize the streets of Pheonix....sounds like the perfect recipe to add to your jail stories yet I'll be included. 

SM105K

Quote from: 802SHO on October 02, 2019, 09:47:45 PM

Lol sounds like fun.  Terrorize the streets of Pheonix....sounds like the perfect recipe to add to your jail stories yet I'll be included.

Sometimes I just want to do hoodrat things with my friends.

802SHO

Quote from: SM105K on October 02, 2019, 11:45:40 PM
Quote from: 802SHO on October 02, 2019, 09:47:45 PM

Sometimes I just want to do hoodrat things with my friends.

Hoodrat?  Man I haven't played ring the doorbell and run for a long time...this will be interesting

802SHO

Ok I have some good news!  I'm dropping the splitters off on Monday to get the edges rounded.  The person to do it is now back from the Philippines.  Also, my friend that let me borrow the sweet camera, works at his GF's family used car dealership.  So in casual conversation I thought to bring up my splitters.  I asked him if they ever send out auto parts like bumpers and stuff, he said yes.  He said they have accounts with UPS and FedEx....I told him the dimensions and he got back to me today, $65 shipped!  FINALLY!!!