• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Wiring question

Started by jbeez, August 11, 2016, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeez

Not sure where to post this... here goes.

I have a 2014 SHO, engine bay fuse box #91 is empty, I believe this is for cars with adaptive cruise control. Does anyone know what color wire this fuse spot correlates to coming out of the big wiring harness in the front of this fuse box?

I'm installing the daytime running lights I bought in december.... finally hahaha.  I want to put a fuse in #91 and tap the wire coming out of the harness instead of using the piggyback adapter it came with, I think it would be a little cleaner if I do it this way.  It might not work at all, I mean the fuse box might not be physically wired in the way I think it is, but if I get a wire color I can do a quick continuity check
2014 PP SHO Darkside Metallic
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

ZSHO

Check out this thread to see if it help's any and also will try to obtain some wiring diagrams for ya.  Z     http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,6459.0.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Here is the wiring Diagram as promised earlier and always a pleasure to help any member,hope it helps any and LMK.  Z   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JUL90DXgdiaG1mNGFNUC1BTU9MTlF0RlhfVHVIWG5YN1Z3/view?usp=sharing [ Brown wire] #91 Fuse.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jbeez

Couldn't find a brown wire coming out of that harness, so I guess they have different wiring harnesses for different specs. Thanks for the help!
K&N Panel filter, 3bar map, AJPTurbo tune, Motorcraft SP542 @.28, MSD Coils, PPE Catted downpipes, EBP Hot pipes w/ tial BOV, Tracy Lewis catch can, 170 tstat, 93 octane pump gas

jbeez

Install of DRL finished, got just a few wiring related pics in here https://goo.gl/photos/W8NZ2EEyZhFYDyLv6 

cut and soldered some extensions onto the power and ground wires, crimped a flag terminal on the power and a 1/4" ring terminal on the ground along with some adheasive lined 4:1 heatshrink for both of those. Installed the turn signal and dimmer wires as well.

I ended up putting the piggyback connector into empty fuse slot 91 which operates exactly like 90 and 92. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Man, this thread gets around!

SHOdded

It loves the spinning teacup ride :)  I just thought since it related to DRL installation, would keep it together in this section.  I believe a few other threads can be moved here as well, as we find them!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!