• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How many miles on new trans before back to tune?

Started by MKS Tom, June 23, 2020, 10:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MKS Tom

I am curious to those of you whom had your trans replaced.  Did you go back to a tune right away or how many miles had you put on first?  It runs great and I have 200 miles on so far.  I was thinking in two weeks with getting a few decent trips on it before switching back.  Obviously I am getting impatient and want that toon.  lol
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SM105K

Quote from: MKS Tom on June 23, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
I am curious to those of you whom had your trans replaced.  Did you go back to a tune right away or how many miles had you put on first?  It runs great and I have 200 miles on so far.  I was thinking in two weeks with getting a few decent trips on it before switching back.  Obviously I am getting impatient and want that toon.  lol

When I replaced mine, I took it easy for 500 miles.  After at, it has been hammer down.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

6500rpm

2-500 miles sounds fine. Once the clutch packs are fully saturated and you've  had several shifts, there's really not much that a tune will effect mechanically. If it was assembled correctly from the start, other than relearning the applies (that it's  going to do again after the tune) I can't  see anything  to worry about.  They're  really fairly simple inside.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

MKS Tom

I was kind of figuring on 500 miles or so.  My entire year thus far has been wasted on Rona and mechanical failures so you begin to get impatient. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Blackhawk

500 miles would take me 3 months at this point lol
Quote from: MKS Tom on June 25, 2020, 08:23:35 AM
I was kind of figuring on 500 miles or so.  My entire year thus far has been wasted on Rona and mechanical failures so you begin to get impatient.

MKS Tom

I am going on random drives to get those miles up.  I feel cheated by rona and this trans failure to enjoy my car so I am trying to get the miles on sooner rather than later.