• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

If you could go back in time with your EB vehicle......

Started by SM105K, July 27, 2020, 02:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SM105K

What would you do different?

Would you still mod it?

If yes, would you have modded it in a different order?

Would you leave it stock?

Would you have returned it went another direction?

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

nickstewartroc

If I could go back to my SHO, I would use a proper tuner and not the one that starts with an "L". All this time I thought the transmission was going out, and it turns out it was just an issue with their tuning. I traded it in since I didn't have 3 grand to replace the transmission. Live and learn I suppose.
As far as my current Ecoboosts, A Flex and my Fiesta ST, I would do basically everything the same except the tuner for the Flex. Had I known I couldn't have them tube out the O2 codes, I would have done something different for the downpipes or tune
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SM105K

Quote from: nickstewartroc on July 27, 2020, 02:21:11 PM
If I could go back to my SHO, I would use a proper tuner and not the one that starts with an "L". All this time I thought the transmission was going out, and it turns out it was just an issue with their tuning. I traded it in since I didn't have 3 grand to replace the transmission. Live and learn I suppose.
As far as my current Ecoboosts, A Flex and my Fiesta ST, I would do basically everything the same except the tuner for the Flex. Had I known I couldn't have them tube out the O2 codes, I would have done something different for the downpipes or tune

Can you just put a couple de-foulers on the O2's past the first cat?  I did with one of my DP's when I had to pass emissions. Passed with flying colors on my E30 tune. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

GotGrip?

They only thing I would do different to the car as a whole, is probably purchase a color other than black. In terms of mods I think I would pretty much do everything I did and plan to do but maybe in a different order. For Example maybe not buy as many tunes as I did, at this point I pretty much stick with the GH AO and AJP e30 tunes. I mainly stick with them because I don't feel as though the car is in danger when I drive it and I actually got everything I paid for with these guys and then some!

2016 SHO Non-PP, GH/AJP E30 Tune,3Bar MAP, K&N Typoon, EPP Noisemaker Delete, H&R Springs, ZEDD SL5 19x9.5, PS Drilled/Slotted rotors, TreadStone TR8C FMIC, SSM Trans Mounts, TCE Custom Catted DPs, FMIC Sprayer, XDI35

Current Dyno: 421/503 (pre-dp/XDI)

nickstewartroc

Quote from: SM105K on July 27, 2020, 02:54:02 PM
Quote from: nickstewartroc on July 27, 2020, 02:21:11 PM

Can you just put a couple de-foulers on the O2's past the first cat?  I did with one of my DP's when I had to pass emissions. Passed with flying colors on my E30 tune.
Currently running a set, they were working for a couple of weeks then I'd have to clear the CELs and they would work again for a bit, to the point that now almost every time I drive I have to reset the CELs, making remote start useless... Just wish I could find a tuner like I have for my ST to disable them and be done with it
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

ridered74

About the only thing I would change is I would not have bought the corsa exhaust and just left it stock past the downpipes.

The HPFP and intercooler didn't exist the first couple years I had my first car, but if they existed back then I would have gotten both much sooner.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

MKS Tom

I would have held out and found a very low mileage 2016 MKS EB.
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

SM105K

There is truly only one thing I would change. I wish I would have bought a silver SHO.  However, I would have been hard pressed to find one that has all the options, along with all the documentation mine has.  SCT is dragging their feet with my strategy, so my FS HPFP is just chilling on my counter...

ridered74

Quote from: SM105K on July 28, 2020, 11:52:26 AM
There is truly only one thing I would change. I wish I would have bought a silver SHO.  However, I would have been hard pressed to find one that has all the options, along with all the documentation mine has.  SCT is dragging their feet with my strategy, so my FS HPFP is just chilling on my counter...

Weren't you already tuned with an SCT device?
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

limited02

Send the HPFP my way so I can get an E30 tune from LMS... lol

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I've done mod wise.  Shortly after tuning with LMS, AJPTurbo started making a name for himself and caught my attention.  There wasn't a lot to go off of then and with what I know now, I'd say holding out a little longer to go with him is the only thing I'd change.

SM105K

Quote from: ridered74 on July 28, 2020, 10:54:55 PM

Weren't you already tuned with an SCT device?

I am, however my strategy isn't complete.  There are some fuel tables for the HPFP that need to accessed/unlocked ect.  So it is in SCT's hands right now.  Brad send me an email explaining everything.  It isnt his fault.

TopherSho

I would have waited and gotten a 2011 model or 2012 model.  This 2010 I have was manned in 2009 and has been both the most fun and frustrating car i have ever owned,  and that includes a PT Cruiser that tried to kill me.  I feel a later model 2011/12 would not have had all the strategy issues Torey ran into, shifting issues i still have, and other little issues build and finish that over time have tarnished the experience a bit. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SM105K

I agree.  It would be hard pressed for me to buy anything the first year of production.  Unless Buick makes a real reincarnation of the Grand National, that would probably be the only exception.