• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What's the best remanned vendor or used vendor? Long block..

Started by TopherSho, March 30, 2019, 07:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TopherSho

I am fully out of my depth here, so I'm calling on the forum for  assistance.

I ahve been looking online for used and remanned long blocks and have come to the conclusion I do not know enough about any of the vendors to trust my choices.

Who do I trust or buy a long block from used or remanned? 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

bpd1151

I would contact LMS, & get yourself a built block.

Whether short, or long, IMHO that'd be the route to go.

Will ensure your enjoyment of your SHO for many years to come.

Their listed internet prices are just that. Listed. Contact them personally for a better, more accurate quote.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TopherSho

I looked, but did not call yet.  :(  If we can't get a used block they are on the list.  I just desperately want to avoid 7000 + core plus shipping :( .. but if the only option is some no-name, Ford direct, or them it's a no brainier.   Honestly if they are the only reasonable option I will look into shipping the car to them.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi

SHOdded

I think if you are up to replacing engines every few years, you can pick a low mileage used engine with warranty.  car-part.com will show you what's available out there.  There is no real guaratee with remanned either, but at least with Ford it has a good warranty on it.  Make sure it has a new water pump, timing system, oil pump, whatever you buy, before installing it.  New turbos and oil/coolant lines/filters too.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: SHOdded on March 30, 2019, 10:05:32 PM
I think if you are up to replacing engines every few years, you can pick a low mileage used engine with warranty.  car-part.com will show you what's available out there.  There is no real guaratee with remanned either, but at least with Ford it has a good warranty on it.  Make sure it has a new water pump, timing system, oil pump, whatever you buy, before installing it.  New turbos and oil/coolant lines/filters too.

I have new turbos so I'm good there... Sigh the rest will cost a bunch. 

##$@..  I'm spending 9k no matter what arnt I...

bpd1151

I wouldn't personally desire to, or rather be up to, replacing engines "every couple of years".

The price difference(s) between a used motor, or remained one, plus the labor costs of installing, are not gonna be terribly far apart between that of a built block.

Especially one with forged internals, better pistons, rods, closed deck design, head studs, better oil passages, etc. etc.

IMHO only, I still favor my original suggestion for 'ya.

Good luck in w/e you choose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Macgyver

EcoPowerParts

You can pick up a used block pretty easily and then rods around $500 and pistons around $600, replace the bearings and balance everything should hold your power requirements pretty easily. Saves a TON of $$$$. I'm doing that right now with a 2015 F150 engine and rods and pistons I have. Will go well with the manifold spacer and piggyback setup I'm going to do on my truck, shooting for 600+ WHP again on E85 like the Flex.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts