• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dragy

Started by Dxlnt1, February 26, 2019, 02:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

Also thinking about buying this. Friend has one he uses for his 2018 BMW M550. He swears by it and its accuracy. Anyone try it here?

http://www.burgertuning.com/dragy_gps_performance_meter.html

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Macgyver

I have read these can be super accurate. Not sure of this model.

SHOdded

I know a couple of gen 2 Edge owners are using it, and like it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ridered74

I've used mine at the track probably 25-30 times, the furthest it has been off was .06 seconds. It has read slower all but one time, and that one time I think it read .01 or .02 faster than my time slip.

I did have a revelation while sitting in the staging lines the other night at the track that I never thought about before. If I am correct, that would mean dragy is even more accurate than I had believed.

Dragy starts as soon as your car moves. At the track, your time isn't started until you cross the first lasers, and depending on whether you shallow stage or deep stage, I'm sure that could account for how far off the dragy times are vs the time slip.

Next trip to the track I will try to deep stage a couple times and see if it brings the gap down a hundredth or two. Mine has been pretty consistently always .05 or .06 higher than the timeslip.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Jordan

The two runs at gateway I did yesterday were 1 hundredth faster and 9 Hundredths slower. Comparing slip to dragy directly. That's insanely close
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

Macgyver

Quote from: Jordan on September 16, 2019, 08:37:26 AM
The two runs at gateway I did yesterday were 1 hundredth faster and 9 Hundredths slower. Comparing slip to dragy directly. That's insanely close

Wow that is. Who says the track timing cannot be inaccurate somehow? Lol.

ridered74

The track where I trapped 118 I have some suspicions about. LOL! Makes me want to go there more often, but still....
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

FiveLeeter918

I have one, love it for my own off-track testing as well as for some customer vehicles when we are off hours.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!