• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3-1 Shift vs 3-2 Shift

Started by Chris_Flex, August 21, 2019, 05:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris_Flex

On my Tunes right now when coming to a stop my Flex does the stock shift from 3rd-1st, I read on Geardheads website there tune shifts 3rd-2nd shift when coming to a stop.

Anyone have this and does it feel better then stock?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost
BC Coilovers
Trans mounts
Unleashed e30 Tune

FiveLeeter918

We offer this as well at Ortiz Performance. There isn't really a feel difference, moreso the feel comes from having a performance calibration. The main benefit is that rather than coasting down and being 15 mph in 3rd gear and bogging if you decide to speed up again, you will be more optimized in 2nd for gearing.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

ridered74

Quote from: Chris_Flex on August 21, 2019, 05:24:52 PM
On my Tunes right now when coming to a stop my Flex does the stock shift from 3rd-1st, I read on Geardheads website there tune shifts 3rd-2nd shift when coming to a stop.

Anyone have this and does it feel better then stock?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On my SHO the best way to describe the gearhead tune's shifting is that it is smooth as butter. On my car it was a night and day difference, not just when slowing down to a complete stop, all the shifts. I've run tunes from a few other places and they all felt about the same and all fairly similar to stock, gearhead made all the others feel sloppy and clunky.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET