• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hawk Street 5.0 Brake Pads!

Started by ZSHO, January 30, 2019, 06:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avidmotion

Update! Do they fit the 2013 pp sho? How are they compared to pp brakes? I have tried 4 or 5 brake pads. For the price vs performance the pp has been great. I love Hawks, my favorite brand, but not try on sho yet......
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

The Hawk 5.0 Brake pads do fit the 13+ PP-SHO.
To early to tell the longevity of the pads. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,9778.15.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

how do they feel vs the PP pads? I seem not able to get more then 15,000 from any pad so far.....but some are better then others for the whole 15....
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

I think the Hawk LTS would of gave me an overall greater thermal range vs the Hawk 5.0 .

They do feel great,but remember I due have Slotted Rotors so they are bit noisier on hard stops when compared to the stock setup. Z

HAWK

LTS - 7.69"

5.0  - 7.09"

LTS
https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A2910A0A0.aspx

https://www.autoanything.com/brakes/hawk-hps-5-point-0-brake-pads

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

avidmotion

Looking for a little better initial braking power, so far the PP best for price, the EDC yellowstuff was good but pricey and lasted 13,000 miles for me, redstuff 10,000, 15,000+ for the PP, Powerstop ceramic 14,000 miles......Not had Hawk on this car but ran them on nearly every car I had with good results. I like the HPS and the 5.0 but I think because the SHO is so heavy I chew up brakes, so maybe the LTS may be a better fit.....

ZSHO

If you can zoom inside Perimeter of the Rotor you will notice a very thin layer of the inner Groove is left unscathed and think the LTS would of swept the entire Rotor due to the size aspect as mentioned earlier!

Best of luck on your quest and I'm quite certain they will excel longer.  Z

SM105K

Quote from: avidmotion on May 27, 2019, 10:31:53 PM
Looking for a little better initial braking power, so far the PP best for price, the EDC yellowstuff was good but pricey and lasted 13,000 miles for me, redstuff 10,000, 15,000+ for the PP, Powerstop ceramic 14,000 miles......Not had Hawk on this car but ran them on nearly every car I had with good results. I like the HPS and the 5.0 but I think because the SHO is so heavy I chew up brakes, so maybe the LTS may be a better fit.....

Interesting, I have found the point of no return on my brake set up.  Not worried about miles, but what did you like better?  Yellow Stuff or Red Stuff?  I want initial hard bite, and good fade resistance.  They will be abused. I know upgraded calipers ect will go on the car later, but I need a band aid right now.  Coming down from mid triple digits has completely made my Z23 pads merely suggest the car to stop reasonably. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |