• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 SHO Brakes ?

Started by Boggus, September 23, 2013, 06:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggus

If I am wanting new front rotors/pads from an aftermarket company, who has what.

2013 Taurus SHO PP
* Does the PP have a different size rotor? pads?
* Do 2010-2012 have the same size rotors (front/rear)?

Most sites do not have a 2013 listed and if they do there is no sub cat for PP

Just wondering, would love to order new fronts without the trial and error issue.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

Lanson

Rock Auto has a bazillion options.  I just went on to find out. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

EcoBrick Bob

I understand that there are lots of parts needed to get the police brakes which the 2013 PP SHO has.

What I did was order Power Slot Rotors from Tire Rack for the front.  Ended up with Stop Tech pads from Auto Anything on the front.   They stop great!  Only issue is dust.  I wanted EBC red pads but they were on back order for months and I finally changed.  I have them on my G8 and they have much lest dust than Stop Tech.

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

mval

I have a '10 DD. I've got EBC Slotted w/red pads & love them. Would have loved the slotted/drilled like BPD but w/ DD thought slotted was safer way to go. Got mine from ebcrotors.com. I'd call them to make sure, but I had no wait on them at all other than getting my guy to put them on.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Boggus

So what is the size of the rotors (Front) on a 2013 SHO PP?
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Boggus

Awesome, appreciate the information.  I have emailed R1concepts to see what they offer.  My front OEM driver side rotor has a center stripe all the way around, maybe something is wrong with the pad (lots of meat left on them) or something between the pad and rotor.  Car has 16k miles on it and the passenger side front periodically has a grinding noise.  Not sure about the driver side but the passenger side I have experienced it - driving the patrol car version.  Seems to be a known issue. 
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

About the only thing I have seen Ford offer to do is turn the rotors and replace the pads.  Some folks say it is rocks/stones between the shield and the rotor (?).  So yeah, I'd go aftermarket, get better performance anyway :)

Some fun reading:

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15661
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Needmoreboost

The brakes are the same on 13+ cars non or pp.  Only difference is a different calibration on the booster and different pads on the pp.  The rotors and calipers all the same.  Fyi
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

ONLYA6

Quote from: Needmoreboost on September 24, 2013, 10:19:56 AM
The brakes are the same on 13+ cars non or pp.  Only difference is a different calibration on the booster and different pads on the pp.  The rotors and calipers all the same.  Fyi

Caliper F/R on 13+PP have high temp silicone piston boots, drilled pistons ( similar to a motorcycle caliper design ) for improved cooling, "high temp" fluid, and no front dust plates to allow more air around the brakes. I believe the fluid is comparable to what ford puts in stock GT500s / Brembo pkg GT's.

There is a Motor Trend first drive article from Grattan Raceway that has Info and pictures of most differences.

Someone should compile all this in a sticky since it is asked so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Steven

2013 Taurus SHO - Best ET 12.7/ MPH 110
1999 Mustang V6 - Turbo - 474 whp 431 wtq

Boggus

R1 concepts quoted me $260 for slotted rotors and pads (Front)
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

OEM runs about $170 + shipping for the fronts from RockAuto.  No decent aftermarket kit listed yet for 2013 specifically that I could find.

Boggus

2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

Are those the Centric parts or the R1 parts?  I think I had seen that spec on the Centric rotor on an EBay listing.  Doesn't seem right to me, because 352 mm works out to 13.85 inches, and for 2013, the spec is at 14.5 inches per Ford.

Boggus

From R1:
Front drilled slotted rotors with Posi Quiet brake pads will cost $260 for the combo for 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance package.

His response on size:
The rotors in my catalog shows a 13.85 inch diameter rotor.  If you have 14.5 then it would be too small.  I will contact our supplier to check to see if there is another part number for the same eyar and model Taurus.  I will know by tomorrow afternoon.
2013 unleashed SHO PP