• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Finally bought an XDI35 HPFP

Started by bamsho, July 01, 2020, 06:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Well I finally broke down and pulled the trigger and bought an XDI35 HPFP.  Received my new tune files and installed everything.  Fairly easy install except for try the bend the high pressure line a little to fit into the new pump.

Loaded tunes and the checked for leaks then took the wife and I took the car for a ride.  I turned off the meth system.  We were amazed when I punched it and nice to see negative knock at WOT. 

Did an test launch on the road up to our house.  Left at 2200 and car did a quick chirp of the front tire, and she was gone.  Sure felt faster, I saw the speedo higher at the point I let off. 

I will find out this Friday if my butt was correct, going to the track for testing.

Oh pics if old and new pump
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bamsho

Oh on a side note, my tunes were delayed due to SCT updating.  Matt told me that he now has fuel pump parameters for my strategy.  Hopefully they did it for other ones too. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

76fomoco

they did it for my strategy too. It fixed the problem.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

ridered74

Good news is now that the line is bent, it will be much easier to get back on anytime you need to disconnect it. I put off doing plugs because of how much of a PITA mine was, but it went surprisingly smooth getting it back on the 2nd time.

I squeezed a 12.48 out of my AO tune with dragy, but that was before I got any revisions for it and had really good DA. Can't seem to switch over from E30 tune long enough to try it again. I think you will definitely be satisfied with the purchase tho!
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bamsho

Quote from: ridered74 on July 01, 2020, 11:21:50 AM
Good news is now that the line is bent, it will be much easier to get back on anytime you need to disconnect it. I put off doing plugs because of how much of a PITA mine was, but it went surprisingly smooth getting it back on the 2nd time.

I squeezed a 12.48 out of my AO tune with dragy, but that was before I got any revisions for it and had really good DA. Can't seem to switch over from E30 tune long enough to try it again. I think you will definitely be satisfied with the purchase tho!

I loaded the E30 tune right off.  Going to use the AO tune for when we go on trips.

ridered74

Quote from: bamsho on July 01, 2020, 03:55:40 PM
Quote from: ridered74 on July 01, 2020, 11:21:50 AM

I loaded the E30 tune right off.  Going to use the AO tune for when we go on trips.

Oh you are really going to like the E30 tune.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

bamsho

Here are my slips from tonight's test session with the new XDI35 pump.  First was freakin hot today, ambient was 94, with high humidity, with 3800 DA YUCK!!  Also AIT2 was least 150 degrees at the line, but overvall I was very pleased with each run.  First run 12.57 I wasn't spraying meth, next 3 I had to just cause it was just so hot.  As you see it was getting faster each pass. 

Couple weeks earlier weather was low 70s, low humidity and 1800 DA.  I ran 12.42, 12.38, that was with the stock HPFP.  To get this close to those numbers in these conditions today, shows me, there is def more in her.  Also I ran with the intial tune, no tweeks to it yet.

Thanks again to the guys at Gearhead, 👍👍.

So side not, I made it into the fast 8 for tonight, I was number 6.  It was a money race, but mother nature decided to send the rain and ruined the night.

bamsho

Here is a comparison slips.  There is an 20 degree ambient temp difference between the two.

802SHO

If you're 60 ft would have been the same you would have beat it even with 20° hotter.  So that's very good to see

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bamsho

Quote from: 802SHO on July 05, 2020, 08:04:23 PM
If you're 60 ft would have been the same you would have beat it even with 20° hotter.  So that's very good to see

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Yeah, this has been one of the few times I have gone to the track with a major change and been pleased with the results.  I actually had to up tire pressures cause the track had lots of grip.