• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

BOV Line ?!

Started by Mee2ho, August 24, 2018, 12:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mee2ho

i have searched alot on hot to install , the hose of Tial Bov to vacuum line ?!
i installed my hot pipes, K&N Intake, please i need clear pics on how clean the lines connected together

I have 2015 Ford Flex,Ecoboost

SHOdded

Welcome!  What hot pipes did you get?  EcoPowerParts or some other brand?  Please post pics of your engine bay as it is now so we can assist further.  Thank you.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Mee2ho

yes from ecopowerparts, tial bov but i dont know how to install and where to install the vacuum line i just heard about it
sinnce im no expert i need pics please not just the way of doing so

SHOdded

ZSHO can definitely answer these questions for you.  I'd wait for him to chime in.  I believe others have also installed the Tial, so guys, please help!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Welcome aboard!  I will provide you with some Pics on exactly what entails in this straght forward procedure once I get home....
Here's a good thread to give you some insight for the time being.

BTW Did you purchase the Tial BOV new!  Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8616.90.html

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8616.75.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Mee2ho

i had headache with reading them more , talking about selenoid map sensor not reading and the other connector now i have many Qs damn,

i found someone chhanged the whole line to a hose all of it did T connector, 1/2inch the two main,1/4 for tial bov,1/6 for meth kit, but i dont have meth, i looked every where didnt find that tree port sizes
also shoud i connect it to the vacuum hose or to 3bar solenoid , which one is better and why

when i choose the hot pipe and tial that time there was no choice between Q&Qr , there was no choices i just checked the bill, ( Blow Off Valve - Tial BoV - Silver )

i found this Vacuum line kit

https://www.full-race.com/store/fittings-lines-an-turbo/fittings-and-lines/vacuum-line-kit/

is it good ,if so where do i cut close to which side

yes its new all from ecopowerparts
ford flex ecoboost 2015

sorry its my 1st owned car waited a year to understand little about modding, so im going all in now

ZSHO

Quote from: Mee2ho on August 24, 2018, 03:53:09 PM
i had headache with reading them more , talking about selenoid map sensor not reading and the other connector now i have many Qs damn,

i found someone chhanged the whole line to a hose all of it did T connector, 1/2inch the two main,1/4 for tial bov,1/6 for meth kit, but i dont have meth, i looked every where didnt find that tree port sizes
also shoud i connect it to the vacuum hose or to 3bar solenoid , which one is better and why

when i choose the hot pipe and tial that time there was no choice between Q&Qr , there was no choices i just checked the bill, ( Blow Off Valve - Tial BoV - Silver )

i found this Vacuum line kit

https://www.full-race.com/store/fittings-lines-an-turbo/fittings-and-lines/vacuum-line-kit/

is it good ,if so where do i cut close to which side

yes its new all from ecopowerparts
ford flex ecoboost 2015

sorry its my 1st owned car waited a year to understand little about modding, so im going all in now
The kit from Full race will not fit AFAIK with the exception of the hose....

Need to cut that 3/8 PVC line,but make sure to not cut it to close to the connector in order to establish a reliable source for vacuum line for reference!
No worries be home shortly,thanks. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Don't forget that you Need to cut that 3/8 PVC line,but make sure to not cut it to close to the connector,preferably @ least a foot away in order to establish a reliable source for vacuum line for reference!

PIC highlighted below in RED would be a desired location to cut & install the Tee barb!

The rear BOV will need to be left plugged in to avoid any Mil....but you can leave the front BOV unplugged..

Here's a list of items you will need.  Z

Barb Splice T-Fitting, Reducer Tee Union Mender J10mm Barb x 6mm Barb x 10mm Barb, 3/8" x 1/4" x 3/8" Hose ID

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C56NFMH/ref=twister_B07C5B5FKV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hps FIC-14x10 SAE #15 Stainless Steel 3/8" Fuel Injection Hose Clamps (Pack of 10)

1/4- 6mm hose clamps

https://www.amazon.com/FIC-14x10-Stainless-Steel-Injection-Clamps/dp/B073X2LF3B/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MKXMBJXX6WAWAB9YG44W

1/4- 6mm ID Hose

https://www.amazon.com/Meters-Silicone-Vacuum-Engine-4Runner/dp/B00Y5I1DTU/ref=pd_day0_hl_263_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00Y5I1DTU&pd_rd_r=f70719de-a7ef-11e8-ab28-01ad97aa66bb&pd_rd_w=6MmGR&pd_rd_wg=hLIZ5&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=6a8492ae-b1a9-47e4-8244-e55b8611820c&pf_rd_r=HMW97WTXEGBJ53R6JHRR&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=HMW97WTXEGBJ53R6JHRR

Here's another great thread below courtesy of (Swamprat) . Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2368.0

Mee2ho

so the T should be where u put it at the back not like his setup maybe 10cm from the source

one more Q please , there Meth kit hose connected with them too , i saw one guy with T-shape but with 4 ports
if i want to add meth later what do i do ?!

ZSHO

Quote from: Mee2ho on August 25, 2018, 11:04:49 AM
so the T should be where u put it at the back not like his setup maybe 10cm from the source

one more Q please , there Meth kit hose connected with them too , i saw one guy with T-shape but with 4 ports
if i want to add meth later what do i do ?!
The Tee barb can be installed in any section of the vacuum line( Pre-) before the brake booster! 
I do not prefer to install the Tee as pictured below due to the bends on the vacuum line,plus it being so close to the connector.
I would install it by the firewall section line which is straight and gives you sufficient room in case of trial and error for easier to install.
The meth bung is traditionally a 1/8" or 1/4" NPT IIRC!  Z

Mee2ho

okay thanks you very much, i'll buy the hose,Hose Clamps,3/8" x 1/4" x 3/8" Hose ID Joiner

if there's any links, about vaccum lines and other stuff i'm still learning